Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #16

Okay, I'll risk posting this about a WR camera system (don't beat me up too hard) but if you're worried about salt spray have you considered using an inexpensive rain "poncho"? I have one that I use in all kinds of inclimate weather/conditions, and it's not horrible inconvenient and doesn't get too much in the way.

I use the white ("see through") FotoSharp.com cover and have shot a 5K running race in an actual downpour, and it protected the camera (which ws not WR) perfectly. I haven't been to the site in a long time and I now see they have a camouflage version which is rather tempting for me when shooting in the Florida woods (which are mostly swamps).

On a slightly different but related subject, just a couple of weeks after getting my brand new K-X two-lens kit I got to test out the 55-300mm lens at the local zoo. They have a couple of awesome bird arboriums and while in one of those something VERY large dropped from the air that was NOT rain. Thankfully, it was relatively clear and mostly liquid, but landed right on and covered almost the entire rubber zoom ring. I quickly wiped it off, but given what it was I was a bit worried about a permanent stain (turned out to be unfounded). Still, I just might use the weather cover the next time I go in there.

Alright....don't beat me up too hard for suggesting a rain cover for a WR camera system....haha.

04-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
I asked the same question, and this is the answer I've got from Pentax service:

"
I have spoken to the service manger.

Before going near any water, please make certain that all openings are sealed, including the hot shoe (make certain the hot shoe cover is in place). Use only very slow running water, or, preferably use a wet towel more safety. Make sure the body and the lens are completely dry before you separate them, or change battery or flash card etc.

Best Regards

CSR2

The Pentax CSR Team"

Enjoy your camera!