Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
Forum Member

K7, fast toggling SR [tip]

People may figured this themselves, but I noticed a lot of people complaining on the forums that they have to dive into the menu to change SR settings. I thought I'd post a quicker alternative that I use:

Hit 'Info' button, and move your active selection to SR. Any time, you want to toggle SR, you just have to hit 'Info', rear-dial, and you can toggle SR on/off quickly. Two clicks just short of a dedicated SR button.

Disclaimer: Ofcourse, this wouldn't work if you change other settings using info button as well.

03-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Thanks, just what I needed!
03-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm still trying to get use to depressing the center button on the mode dial when I want to go from P to Tav or M or anywhere. I guess they put that sort of lock on there so you don't screw up while using video.

Oh sorry. Was I talking outloud?
03-30-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
I'm still trying to get use to depressing the center button on the mode dial when I want to go from P to Tav or M or anywhere. I guess they put that sort of lock on there so you don't screw up while using video.

Oh sorry. Was I talking outloud?
On my K10D, I occasionally moved the mode dial inadvertently when taking the camera out of my bag, so I am glad that they added the button lock.

Rob

03-30-2010, 01:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K7er Quote
People may figured this themselves, but I noticed a lot of people complaining on the forums that they have to dive into the menu to change SR settings. I thought I'd post a quicker alternative that I use:

Hit 'Info' button, and move your active selection to SR. Any time, you want to toggle SR, you just have to hit 'Info', rear-dial, and you can toggle SR on/off quickly. Two clicks just short of a dedicated SR button.

Disclaimer: Ofcourse, this wouldn't work if you change other settings using info button as well.
Please explain how you move the active selection on the Info screen.

Rob
03-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgo2 Quote
Please explain how you move the active selection on the Info screen.

Rob
Once you hit the 'Info' button, use the cursor keys around the 'Ok' button to do that.
03-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

I thought everyone did that?
03-30-2010, 10:59 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Once you hit the 'Info' button, use the cursor keys around the 'Ok' button to do that.
That does not work for me.

Rob

03-30-2010, 11:32 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robgo2 Quote
That does not work for me.

Rob
There is AFAIK no way to disable the four-way controller in the Control Panel display so if it works in the menus, it will work there - which suggests to me that you must not be in the control panel display.

Double-check, does it look like this:

...not this, which is the Status display:

If not, then press info another time to get to the Control Panel display.

This presumes you're not using Green mode (which disables the Control Panel display) or Live View mode (in which case neither display can be accessed).
03-31-2010, 06:26 AM   #10

I have set SR off in USER mode. SR is ON in other modes and I simply switch to USER mode when I don't need SR.
03-31-2010, 10:45 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jyrkira Quote
I have set SR off in USER mode. SR is ON in other modes and I simply switch to USER mode when I don't need SR.
Nice solution. I'd probably do this myself, except that I use the USER mode as an Ebay mode (JPEG instead of Raw, greatly reduced resolution / quality and a few other tweaks I generally want for my throwaway auction pics).

Wish we had more than one USER mode!
03-31-2010, 09:46 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
There is AFAIK no way to disable the four-way controller in the Control Panel display so if it works in the menus, it will work there - which suggests to me that you must not be in the control panel display.

Double-check, does it look like this:

...not this, which is the Status display:

If not, then press info another time to get to the Control Panel display.

This presumes you're not using Green mode (which disables the Control Panel display) or Live View mode (in which case neither display can be accessed).
Got it. Thanks.

Rob