Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K-x Hoodwinked?!

Hey guys, it's been a few months since I last posted. I've been keeping a low-key online profile...

I just received my new K-x kit... and I wonder if I've been hoodwinked!

I've taken 60 shots with a shutter speed ~ 1/100, and no blurring/double images.

No problems with batteries (Rayovac Hybrid)

Shutter is fine, not noticeably different than my K2000.

Camera body is tight, no flex... and certainly not "plastic junk".

Is this really a K-x I have?!

The only flaw in the slaw - the vendor neglected to include the 55-300 lens! The compartment in the box that was supposed to contain it was empty. The lens is being sent to me, pronto!

Last edited by flippedgazelle; 03-30-2010 at 08:53 PM.
03-30-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Good to hear. Your experience matches mine. My K-x has been problem free from Day 1. Enjoy your K-x!
03-30-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine as well. Having only bought the top models in the past, this is a great camera.
03-30-2010, 11:51 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Glad to hear yours is without niggles. Even though mine is not, I stand by my belief that it's the best entry-level camera ever made. Sounds like you've got a K-x to me.

03-31-2010, 12:33 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
The only flaw in the slaw - the vendor neglected to include the 55-300 lens! The compartment in the box that was supposed to contain it was empty. The lens is being sent to me, pronto!
open box?

lol

the K-x is great
03-31-2010, 12:37 AM   #6
Forum Member

Wow, I came here expecting to see a troll "the K-x sux" post and was pleased to see this instead!

I agree, the K-x is worth far more than what we paid, fantastic camera! Glad to hear yours is as enjoyed as mine!
03-31-2010, 08:43 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FattyMcJ Quote
Wow, I came here expecting to see a troll "the K-x sux" post and was pleased to see this instead!

I agree, the K-x is worth far more than what we paid, fantastic camera! Glad to hear yours is as enjoyed as mine!
I admit to engaging in a bit of sarcasm. I've noticed that, of late, there seems to be a tiny bit of backlash by a few Pentax users against the K-x.
03-31-2010, 08:45 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
open box?

lol

the K-x is great
Yeah, the vendor I bought from sells a K-x w/18-55 kit, as well as the 2-lens (55-300) kit, and also sells the DA L 55-300 separately. I think that for the 1-lens kit, they simply pluck the 55-300 out of the package.

03-31-2010, 08:48 AM   #9

I recently received my K-x with the kit lenses and have been pleasantly surprised on the quality of the photo's this little beast is producing.

Not too sure on the strength of the plastic/Stainless steel body, I will have to learn to treat this camera with care.
03-31-2010, 08:49 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
Glad to hear yours is without niggles. Even though mine is not, I stand by my belief that it's the best entry-level camera ever made. Sounds like you've got a K-x to me.
Yeah, I really agree with your points about using the LCD in place of the top LED display can disrupt night vision when shooting, and the grip could be larger, and a few other "niggles"... that's OK, though, nothing is perfect, and for the price...!
03-31-2010, 08:51 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Balders Quote
I recently received my K-x with the kit lenses and have been pleasantly surprised on the quality of the photo's this little beast is producing.

Not too sure on the strength of the plastic/Stainless steel body, I will have to learn to treat this camera with care.
Well, you know... I had the K2000 previous to the K-x, which has the same body. My K2000 went thru ~ 12500 clicks in 10 months, survived dirt, sand, rain, snow, sleet, swamps... and emerged unscathed.
03-31-2010, 09:15 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
Yeah, I really agree with your points about using the LCD in place of the top LED display can disrupt night vision when shooting, and the grip could be larger, and a few other "niggles"... that's OK, though, nothing is perfect, and for the price...!
I wasn't really referring to those niggles, as I've mostly forgotten about them (spoiled by two semipro cams in a row before), I was referring more to the image blur at specific shutter speeds occurring only with SR enabled. But that's a minor and uncommon issue.
03-31-2010, 09:33 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:

You should treat all cameras with care. However, plastic is quite durable.
03-31-2010, 09:48 AM   #14
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't worry about it much. Seems very similar to the K10D and K20D build. Mine have been well used and still work like new.

Now that I've told the world that I use my cameras as hammers, anyone want to buy a camera?
03-31-2010, 09:55 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I wouldn't worry about it much. Seems very similar to the K10D and K20D build. Mine have been well used and still work like new.

Now that I've told the world that I use my cameras as hammers, anyone want to buy a camera?
Well, judging by your website, it does appear that you "nail" the shot quite often.