Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2010, 02:10 PM   #1

Somebody reassure me ..

I live in Pakistan. I started my photography with older manual Pentax SLR my dad had. So going the pentax route seems like the wise choice, as I can always use my dad collection of 5 lenses (50mm, 18mm, and the rest are zooms I dont remember).

I just bought a k-x, my friend is in canada and he is flying from there to Pk. I had him buy one for me. He is a D90 user btw. He will be here on 20th.

I had him test the k-x to check if it for me, if it was a faulty piece or not.

Did I buy the right thing. I am having second thoughts. Please somebody reassure me.

03-31-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Yes, you did well. Old Pentax lenses work well with new Pentax cameras. Depending on the types of lenses they are -- M, A, screwmount, etc -- you will learn different ways to use them. Good luck!!
03-31-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I can't think that you will find anything about it disappointing.
03-31-2010, 02:48 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thankyou all ..

I feel quite secure with my purchase now

03-31-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Holy crap! Pakistan!

It's a great camera, and you will definitely enjoy it.
03-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Not only is the K-x a fine camera, it uses (essentially) the same sensor as your friend's D90.
03-31-2010, 03:39 PM   #7

Salam Tecmulla,
I live in the UK and my nephew in Pakistan is wanting to buy a DSLR. I have been trying to convince him to buy the K-x but he says there are none available in Pakistan. In fact when I started reading your message, I though you were him because I have a friend in Canada who is going to Pakistan shortly - how spooky is that?
Anyway, you have done absolutely the right thing. Since the image stabilisation is on the sensor, you can get IS with old lenses, unlike Nikon/Canon where only new and expensive lenses have this facility. So happy shooting I say.
Cheers

03-31-2010, 04:15 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the Pentax family. You did the right thing by getting a Pentax.
04-01-2010, 01:50 AM   #9

Original Poster
hey naim,

your nephew is right, with canikon, he would be able to get hold of good glass locally. Many shops here that deals with canikon. I am yet to find a single shop that deals with pentax.

i wanted to buy a pentax so i went to all this hassle to get a pentax. Glass, my needs are mostly wideangle, and occasional wedding. At the moment, I got 18-55. If that doesn't cover my needs, maybe i will get a 55-300, somewhere down the road, maybe six months time.

with canikon, he would be able borrow the glass, not the case with pentax.