Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K-X Hotshoe Problem?

I got a flash, so for the first time I took off the hotshoe cover off my K-X. There seems to be about 5 connection circle things (4 small around 1 big in the middle), I just noticed that the top left one is missing!!! is that a problem? this couldn't possibly be part of the design right? what should I do?

03-31-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NecroticSoldier Quote
There seems to be about 5 connection circle things (4 small around 1 big in the middle), I just noticed that the top left one is missing!!! is that a problem? this couldn't possibly be part of the design right? what should I do?
It's a big problem. You should send your K-x to me. I'll fix it and send it back to you some time next year, no charge. Heck, I even pay for the shipping

Just kidding. No, it's not a problem. The "missing" one is the receptacle for the locking pin of the flash. When you have a chance to look at the foot of a current Pentax flash, you'll see the pin.
03-31-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
It's a big problem. You should send your K-x to me. I'll fix it and send it back to you some time next year, no charge. Heck, I even pay for the shipping

Just kidding. No, it's not a problem. The "missing" one is the receptacle for the locking pin of the flash. When you have a chance to look at the foot of a current Pentax flash, you'll see the pin.
OH OKAY, PHEWWWWWWWWWWWW THANK YOU!!!! I was using an old flash, so I never knew ;P.