Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2007, 02:32 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Need some help putting my focusing screen back (the correct way)

Ok, I've been stupid (not to say that I am) - there was a large hair (really small in fact) on my focusing screen that was bothering the hell out of me.

To make it even worse is was logged half behind the screen, so yesterday I finally got enough nerve to pop open the screen to remove the hair.

Opened it without any problem, used some plastic tweezers to remove the screen, put it down, removed that 'hair' , and ... didn't notice

how to put the screen back.

I didn't notice how I removed it. Took a guess and placed it back with the small tab on the left side, now I'm just curious is this the right way or is it reversed. Can't find any documentation on it.

Just to make sure - with the tab I mean the thing where the code ??-80 is on.
I've got the camera with the bottom to me, and the tab (now is on the left top when closed.)

All help/info/links are more than appreciated

Attached Images

07-16-2007, 03:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hope this helps.
07-16-2007, 03:56 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
On my DS and K10D if you have the camera upright and you are facing the mirror opening, the tab should be on the right nearest to you. There is a little notch on the frame which holds it for it to sit in.
07-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Very Big Thanks Deni , pschlute.

got it correct now, without any damage to it