Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2010, 07:46 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by akanarya Quote
i red the topic, but i couldnt catch that highlight strongly?;

does focusing screen replacement affect the AF performance?

that is, focussing screen (may) adds something positive (mf performance), without decreasing orginal performance of the camera, isnt it?

then it can be tried without hesitation.
For some of us it affects but for others there is no problem. Difficult to say whether it will affect yours or not.

11-20-2010, 08:07 AM   #77
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by akanarya Quote
does focusing screen replacement affect the AF performance?
No it doesn't affect AF at all.
11-21-2010, 02:38 AM   #78

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
3) I find myself taking far too many photos with the subject at dead center
Does anyone using the screens think this is the case? I'm thinking about getting one but I could easily see this being a problem for me :-/
11-21-2010, 05:50 AM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Hambino Quote
Does anyone using the screens think this is the case? I'm thinking about getting one but I could easily see this being a problem for me :-/
If you have it positioned in the centre then you will shoot in the centre most of the time. I tend to press half-shutter and move off a bit to recompose but my finger is still on the shutter.

Works great for MF/AF lenses

11-21-2010, 06:48 AM   #80

OIC...hmmmm, maybe i'll just get one and see how it goes
11-22-2010, 02:23 AM   #81

thanks felixkh and matam for replies
i think i can try trevor (which can be thought as a best p&p ratio item)
11-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #82
Veteran Member

TRAVOR Double 45° Split image focusing screen

Just got a "TRAVOR Double 45° Split image focusing screen" the box also says "CELLETCH Made in China" and has a sticker with "Pentax K100D/K200D/K200D 6000545".

I've mixed feelings about this:

+ it fits the k-x snugly and with the original shim between the body and the screen focusing is pretty accurate

+ this has a diagonal split prism with a microprism ring around it (both, as such work great and are very nostalgic :-)

+ installation tools were included (two rubber finger protectors, plastic and metal pincers)

+ the screen was protected by sticky plastic on both sides, however

- there was a large and painfully visible smudge on it, like, say, a large drop of water had dried on it, this was visible with the plain eye and especially when installed

- the split prisms and surrounding microprism ring are vertically off center about 1/10 of the height

I got this from a Chinese ebay seller for US$ 18.99 including postage so I don't think I can complain too loudly especially as I was able to clean this to a serviceable condition with Eclipse and a microfiber cloth (tiny fiber fragments of the latter still seem to be stuck at the prism edges despite liberal use of canned compressed air :-)

It is worth noting that the installation is somewhat of a pain on the k-x: these (original and replacement) scratch easily and dust, fiber or somesuch always seems to find its way on the screen (canned air just before slipping one in is quite effective). Now that I've an idea of how to maybe change these properly I've ordered a new stock screen to get back where I started :-)

Last edited by jolepp; 11-24-2010 at 03:47 AM.
11-24-2010, 09:24 PM   #83
Pentaxian

Got my Split Screen, Finally **"Cross Board Reference" **

I posted my review about Chinese Screen here

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-field-accessories/116249-fo...ml#post1270597