Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #46
Inactive Account

Here's a pic from the Travor screen

everyone who use MF lenses should get one.

04-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just installed the single diagonal split screen from Jinfinance in my K20D - it was just a hair too big - didn't "fall" into the holding frame, I had to kinda push it in. But, it works like a charm - makes a big difference to me with manual focusing. Oh, yeah, it came with two finger cots, one pair of metal tweezers, one pair of plastic tweezers and the screen fully protected by stick-on plastic.

This is actually the third focusing screen I've used - I installed one of the Katzeye screens in my *ist DS - worked great - and one of the Jinfinance screens in my K200D - it also worked great. And, don't let Pentax fool you - you CAN replace the screen in the K200D!

All in all, I've been very happy with the Jinfinance screens and the latest one only cost around $26.
04-16-2010, 11:36 PM   #48
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by matam Quote

Fantastic, that's just what I was looking for! What it actually looked like through the viewfinder. Thank you!

BTW, out of curiosity (always wondered), how did you take a photo of the viewfinder? lol
04-17-2010, 03:55 AM   #49
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by FattyMcJ Quote
Fantastic, that's just what I was looking for! What it actually looked like through the viewfinder. Thank you!

BTW, out of curiosity (always wondered), how did you take a photo of the viewfinder? lol
with an old nikon PS aimed toward the VF

04-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #50
Site Supporter

with an old nikon PS aimed toward the VF
The screen is exactly what the jinfinance dual diagonal looks like (supposedly made from old K1000) that I bought last month for $31. But no way was my p&s able to take such good shots of it in action. Time to remove the magnifying eyepiece and try a few more. Thanks for the proof it can be easily done.
04-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #51

This is a great discussion. Thanks guys,
04-19-2010, 10:16 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think the double diagonal focusing screens are recently manufactured while the single diagonal and horizontal ones are made from old K1000 screens. Am I wrong on this assumption?

04-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #53

QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
I think the double diagonal focusing screens are recently manufactured while the single diagonal and horizontal ones are made from old K1000 screens. Am I wrong on this assumption?
Jinfinance claims that their single diagonal focus screens are made from K1000 stock.

I have not been able to determine the source of the double diagonal screens. But to the best of my knowledge, no Pentax 35mm bodies ever had one.
05-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #54
Forum Member

Just installed this exact same screen in my K-x, works beautifully. I had to put the notch on the opposite side of the stock screen and didn't use the stock bronze shim.

Highly recommended
05-24-2010, 07:35 PM   #55

Very nice results, way better than what I'd expect.
05-24-2010, 09:24 PM   #56
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I both use a Tenpa 1.36x eyepiece and a K-3 focusing screen. I must say that both products are such a breeze and convenient for use. the Tenpa magnifies the image bigger and closer which makes focusing much more easier while the K-3 focusing screen is great for extremely precise focusing. my images now are pretty much on target and comes out very sharp on those particular areas that I intended to highlight.
05-25-2010, 01:09 AM   #57
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I both use a Tenpa 1.36x eyepiece and a K-3 focusing screen. I must say that both products are such a breeze and convenient for use. the Tenpa magnifies the image bigger and closer which makes focusing much more easier while the K-3 focusing screen is great for extremely precise focusing. my images now are pretty much on target and comes out very sharp on those particular areas that I intended to highlight.

Ah yes, forgot to mention I added the O-ME53 eyepiece too. You're right, it's such a nice addition to the screens. A wee bit of vignetting, but it's not a huge deal to me when I now know my MF lenses can be used more accurately.
05-25-2010, 01:49 AM - 1 Like   #58
Pentaxian

and for those of us that like to modify things
Pete

05-25-2010, 02:27 AM   #59
Forum Member

Hey Pete, read your post over there and it's quite good!

You have more guts than I do (having never worked on a camera before) so the belt sander made me cringe, but I like that you achieved the same result, quite easily!

Having more options to make our Pentax cameras even better, is always good!
05-25-2010, 04:03 PM   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FattyMcJ Quote
Hey Pete, read your post over there and it's quite good!

You have more guts than I do (having never worked on a camera before) so the belt sander made me cringe, but I like that you achieved the same result, quite easily!

Having more options to make our Pentax cameras even better, is always good!
cheers
I'd like to try a diagonal chop next, have a broken MG for screen donation