Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #61
MSM
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
It's compatible and a tiny bit smaller from what I hear.
I am considering a move from the K10 to the Kx. Are you saying that I could use my Katz eye from my k10 in the Kx? I thought the specifications say that you cannot change the focus screens. It would be nice if I could recycle the screen in a new camera.

Thanks,
Mark

05-28-2010, 07:46 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FattyMcJ Quote
Just installed this exact same screen in my K-x, works beautifully. I had to put the notch on the opposite side of the stock screen and didn't use the stock bronze shim.

Highly recommended
Bought one for my K7 and one for my K-x. Works great and with manual lenses even better
05-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MSM Quote
I am considering a move from the K10 to the Kx. Are you saying that I could use my Katz eye from my k10 in the Kx? I thought the specifications say that you cannot change the focus screens. It would be nice if I could recycle the screen in a new camera.

Thanks,
Mark
You can change the screen on the K-x, but it is a bit more tricky than normal. Go to Focusing Screen for instructions on how to change it.
06-04-2010, 04:51 AM   #64

QuoteOriginally posted by felixkh Quote
Bought one for my K7 and one for my K-x. Works great and with manual lenses even better
Felix...plse advise. For the travor screen, did you have to put the notch in the opposite side as mentioned by an earlier by FattyMcJ as well.

Thanks

06-04-2010, 05:28 AM   #65
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ahren Quote
Felix...plse advise. For the travor screen, did you have to put the notch in the opposite side as mentioned by an earlier by FattyMcJ as well.

Thanks
On the k-x yes, at least on mine and FattyMcJ's one, including the removal of the bronze shim, but i had to put a couple of layer of insulating tape o make it perfect.
This travor screen doesn't really have a "right side", or at least they look exactly the same to me, so it should be the same whatever side you put it on the camera (i only put it in the "opposite direction" as it was easyer to me to fix the allignment).
The above isn't true for the stock "LL-90" screen that the camera comes within or for the nikon screen i've adapted, as they clearly have a "right side".

@transit:
I can't belive you actually used that thing to sand the screen (i didn't dare to try it).
06-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MSM Quote

Thanks,
Mark
Mark, sorry for the late reply, I don't check this thread or this section of the forum often.

The K100D and Kx have the same exact screens. However, the K10D and K-x have pretty much the same sized screens but of different thickness. Unfortunately, your focus will be off by a few cm. It's still usable though, just remember the placement of focus. No amount of shimming would help as shimming would only increase the thickness, not decrease it. I would recommend buying a new screen for the K-x.
06-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #67

Do any of these screens affect metering at all?

06-05-2010, 06:55 AM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by chrish Quote
Do any of these screens affect metering at all?
Mine does not.
07-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #69

between the travor and the focusscreen fsb, wich one would you get?
Focusing Screen

annnd, where can i buy the travor?
07-07-2010, 06:35 AM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gybp Quote
between the travor and the focusscreen fsb, wich one would you get?
Focusing Screen

annnd, where can i buy the travor?
I would go for the K3 from Focusingscreen.com as t is brighter . . .
08-19-2010, 04:51 AM   #71
Inactive Account

Hi All, Just signed up to say thanks for the info.

I would love to have a dual diagonal focus screen in my KX but I also like the look of the split-ring with microprism-ring as its more familar.

Any recommendations about the dual split diagonal focus screens?
I do not want to be doing manual camera adjustments due to getting a screen that is too dark/bright that it affects the cameras auto settings.
08-19-2010, 05:47 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChipB Quote
I just installed the single diagonal split screen from Jinfinance in my K20D - it was just a hair too big - didn't "fall" into the holding frame, I had to kinda push it in. But, it works like a charm - makes a big difference to me with manual focusing. Oh, yeah, it came with two finger cots, one pair of metal tweezers, one pair of plastic tweezers and the screen fully protected by stick-on plastic.

This is actually the third focusing screen I've used - I installed one of the Katzeye screens in my *ist DS - worked great - and one of the Jinfinance screens in my K200D - it also worked great. And, don't let Pentax fool you - you CAN replace the screen in the K200D!

All in all, I've been very happy with the Jinfinance screens and the latest one only cost around $26.
Both the Jinfinance screen for my K10d and K20d worked that way, but they worked. At one point, I was going to post a review of several different cheap screens I bought for the K20d, and bought several, but had no time for the review. The Jinfinance screen, with its tight fit, turned out to be the only screen that installed and worked perfectly without a shim. Some rattled around, crying for a shim, but none was even included.
11-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #73

Hey all,
I got my trevor screen yesterday and after struggling a bit with the latch on the camera got it fixed (i had to do it twice as there was some dust on the focus screen) i took a few sample shots and I found out there is a lot of backfocus. Is this because of the screen or the way i fit it in? I didn't reverse the screen like matam and fattyMcj did... could this be the cause for it? thanks for the help in advance folks

Nish
11-18-2010, 09:55 PM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nishanth Quote
Hey all,
I got my trevor screen yesterday and after struggling a bit with the latch on the camera got it fixed (i had to do it twice as there was some dust on the focus screen) i took a few sample shots and I found out there is a lot of backfocus. Is this because of the screen or the way i fit it in? I didn't reverse the screen like matam and fattyMcj did... could this be the cause for it? thanks for the help in advance folks

Nish
you probably need to install/add the shim for perfect focus. a small difference in thickness can affect the focus.
11-20-2010, 07:01 AM   #75

i red the topic, but i couldnt catch that highlight strongly?;

does focusing screen replacement affect the AF performance?

that is, focussing screen (may) adds something positive (mf performance), without decreasing orginal performance of the camera, isnt it?

then it can be tried without hesitation.