Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K-x movie autofocus?

Does it do it? Cause unless I'm retarded my camera does not seem to auto focus....

If it doesn't...would setting the lens focus ring to infinite and hope for the best? It seems damn near impossible to be able to focus with the screen...I wish there was another way

04-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Nope, pretty much standard with most dslrs due to focus motor noise (and possibly other factors). You can only pre-focus in live view, but once you click the shutter it is MF only. Sorry!
04-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just go buy a P&S for that, it's much cheaper and then you can actually use your K-x for pictures.
04-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timstone Quote
Does it do it? Cause unless I'm retarded my camera does not seem to auto focus....

If it doesn't...would setting the lens focus ring to infinite and hope for the best? It seems damn near impossible to be able to focus with the screen...I wish there was another way
thats what the 550D or T2i (?) is for..

04-03-2010, 11:37 PM   #5
zfc

QuoteOriginally posted by timstone Quote

It's not that hard, once you practice a little. Movie resolution is only 1mb, and you don't pixel-peep movies (usually).