Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Dropped My K100D Super

I dropped my 100d today while hiking, it fell from a small cliff broke the lens off and fell in the stream i was taking a pic of. When i purchased the camera from Ritz I also got the extended service plan. I was wondering if anyone has ever took back a camera for repair to Ritz under this plan. It would be nice to know if they stand behind there plan. Any feedback would be good.

04-04-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hvacar Quote
I dropped my 100d today while hiking, it fell from a small cliff broke the lens off and fell in the stream i was taking a pic of. When i purchased the camera from Ritz I also got the extended service plan. I was wondering if anyone has ever took back a camera for repair to Ritz under this plan. It would be nice to know if they stand behind there plan. Any feedback would be good.
It should say in the warranty if it covers drops and other abuse.
04-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hvacar Quote
I purchased that plan some years ago for a Kodak P880 I found for $99 at Ritz. I already had one but for that much (they went for $400) I was going to buy it as it was the last to be had around here. The lady did talk me into spending the additional I think it was $25 (because the camera was $99 ) for the warranty. When I got home and opened it, it had been used and its serial number did not match the one on the box. She copied the serial number from the box for the warranty . Went back to Ritz right away to get it straight. Even though the camera was broke I still kept it as it now had Ritz warranty that covers everything including dropping the camera, its one of the best around. It also had lots of cosmetic damage that had to be fixed.

The warranty process is not short 6 to 8 weeks. However when the tech got mine he said just to replace it. I kept in contact with them and what was going on. There was a lady in charge of finding replacements and she found a new one in California ( I am in MI) they shipped it to my Ritz and I had a brand new Kodak P880 box and all. Which meant I had two of everything, two battery chargers, two batteries, two lens caps... Because when I turned in the camera they told me to keep all the small stuff.

Your covered and its great move on your part to buy the extended warranty
If they can't find one or repair it they may have to give you a K-x Happy easter.

BTW Pentax offers a 2 year (3 total) extended warranty for about $100 last time I checked. I got this free with my K20D as lots of folks did. This warranty does not cover accidental damage, no way, no how (unless your Ned). But its still a must have. In 3 years sooner or latter IMO you will want it check for AF or it may break or something... it even gives you a free tune-up any time during this period. This brings your dSLR back into factor calibration and we all know dSLRs fall out of spec, right... at least from my research and at least according to the Pentax owners manual that says send in your K20D every year or two to be checked and calibrated. dSLR ownership is not cheap, not at all. Get the warranty.

Last edited by jamesm007; 04-04-2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: speling
04-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank for the info, I just wanted to see how the process went for other people, I don't mind the 6 to 8 weeks as long as they fix it or replace it.