Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I f the green button was advising it would tell you the exposure error with your settings . The green button sets the exposure so it does more than advise. .I don't disagree in. Some ways but when the same function is in TAv mode why duplicate it. I use manual specifically to stop all autofunctions and to have perhaps different iso than my selected aoto range

04-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
And my point is that the Green button (metering) is ADVISING the shooter of a shutter speed, not DECIDING shutter and aperture. I just tried it. K20D, DA18-250, aperture previously set to f/3.5, switch to M mode, press the Green button. It reports a shutter speed. I point it elsewhere. It shows another shutter speed. The aperture remains at f/3.5. I change the aperture to f/6.7, repeat the test. The camera reports various shutter speeds, doesn't change aperture or ISO. If I don't like the shutter speed (like my subject is backlit), I can change it. The camera robot HASN'T decided the exposure; I have.
Well, that depends on what you set the green button behavior to, in the custom menu (talking K7 here) or in the Green button menu (Kx)... If set to Tv shift, then you're right, it will only move the shutter speed. But you can also set it to Av shift, or P line (where it will choose both the speed and the aperture).
04-11-2010, 02:33 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dlacouture Quote
Well, that depends on what you set the green button behavior to, in the custom menu (talking K7 here) or in the Green button menu (Kx)... If set to Tv shift, then you're right, it will only move the shutter speed. But you can also set it to Av shift, or P line (where it will choose both the speed and the aperture).
So it does. Aw shucks. I just hadn't bothered with jiggering the Green button options. So many functions, so few buttons. So we have (on my K20D) a Manual mode that's really Auto. Is there also an Up that's really Down? [/me scratches head with right hand. No, the OTHER right hand.]

Now is about the time where I'll start to rant about hidden & obscure functions & options, about menu systems concealing more than they reveal, about how EVERY FUNCTION SHOULD HAVE ITS OWN BUTTON, et cetera. But I don't have the strength.
03-09-2012, 04:31 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I am happy, seems like Pentax listened and added Auto-ISO in manual mode in K-01

03-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
I am happy, seems like Pentax listened and added Auto-ISO in manual mode in K-01
That Marc Newson is a genius.

Jason
03-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #36
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My K20D has that. It's called TAV.
03-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #37
Veteran Member

This thread, resurrected after nearly a year!
The TAv mode on my K20D -- but I knew about that already.
More Green-button options on my K20D that I still haven't played with -- I'm lazy.
Manual modes that aren't really manual -- what a world!
And just where will we go from here?

03-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Documented in the Manual - described as using TAv under Mode section >> settings. Essentially they removed the TAv setting from the mode dial and buried the function in Menu and Manual., but the function appears to be identical to what I have on my K10D.