Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2010, 02:04 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Sharpness configure

On my K200D I have the sharpness option, but I have no idea how can I use it.

I think that for a macro photo I need a big value but for what use I a less sharpness value?

thanks a lot

04-08-2010, 02:24 AM   #2

I generally prefer to do sharpening in post-processing. There are programs that should to it better than the in camera ones.

If you want to get the most out of your pictures, use RAW and maybe push it 1 notch on the sharpness.
04-08-2010, 02:31 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by edumad Quote
I generally prefer to do sharpening in post-processing. There are programs that should to it better than the in camera ones.

If you want to get the most out of your pictures, use RAW and maybe push it 1 notch on the sharpness.
If I want use the same option for a pool photos in PS Lightroom is there an option to apply a change automatically in all photos?

thanks
04-08-2010, 04:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alexulo Quote
If I want use the same option for a pool photos in PS Lightroom is there an option to apply a change automatically in all photos?

thanks
There are two ways (at least) in LR:
- you can apply the desired changes to the first image, then select all the others you want to be processed the same way and click on "synchronize settings) - a button on the lower right of the LR workspace
- or you do all your corrections in the first imge and "copy" these settings and then "paste" them to any number of other images - I use the standard copy/paste short cuts for that

Ben

04-08-2010, 05:25 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
There are two ways (at least) in LR:
- you can apply the desired changes to the first image, then select all the others you want to be processed the same way and click on "synchronize settings) - a button on the lower right of the LR workspace
- or you do all your corrections in the first imge and "copy" these settings and then "paste" them to any number of other images - I use the standard copy/paste short cuts for that

Ben
oh great thanks, you was very clearly.
04-08-2010, 06:58 AM   #6

For me at least, I use a less sharp values when shooting trees w/ flowers, like cherry blossom. It won't turn out blurry, but it's not too sharp that it appears "busy"

Also as edumad mentioned, when it comes to some photos I shoot RAW+JPG so I can post-process the sharpness if needed.
04-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #7

Original Poster
I have shot flowers with more sharp values and it looks like wery well. I can't imagine to shot with a less sharp setting.

I will try your method with RAW+Jpg, but I think this is too much work to elaborate photos.

What I really don't unterstand, for wich type of photo can I use very less sharp values.

04-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Lots of people would say portraits, to avoid overemphasizing every blemish on the skin.