Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2010, 12:18 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just read a Snapple bottle cap that claimed that a square mile of fog contains a gallon of water. Doesn't sound like a lot. Should not be a problem. If you condensation on the camera, take a not of how long it takes to collect and be sure to wipe it off from time to time...

04-09-2010, 12:30 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
I just read a Snapple bottle cap that claimed that a square mile of fog contains a gallon of water. Doesn't sound like a lot. Should not be a problem. If you condensation on the camera, take a not of how long it takes to collect and be sure to wipe it off from time to time...
The problem is the condensation, but in normal fog that's not a problem. When you get into much thicker fog (like when you can't see 5 feet in front of you) then it gets dense enough to fog up your lens. Also fog is cold so if your lens is at a different temperature then it's going to form condensation, which you'll have to figure out some way to get rid of or else you'll notice it on your photos, and it's not fun to get home and realize that your contrast wasn't actually set to negative one hundred or so. Anyone have any good tips for getting rid of the condensation on a lens? I've had the problem a few times before and rubbed the lens off, but sometimes it's actually on the inside and you notice that your photos have a more "dreamlike" feel to them.
04-09-2010, 01:24 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Isn't heavy fog or humidity more likely to mess with your non-WR lenses than a non-WR camera?
04-09-2010, 01:50 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by geezer52 Quote
Isn't heavy fog or humidity more likely to mess with your non-WR lenses than a non-WR camera?
Yeah, I suppose so, although if you're changing lenses the humidity could enter the camera body, in which case it'll probably stay there for quite a while and manifest itself on the sensor or mirror the at worst times. I'm not sure if that's an actual problem though.

04-09-2010, 04:47 AM   #20
Inactive Account

i've used my km in a bit of a drizzle shooting outdoor soccer.
no problems. just wipe it off.

if it gets a little too wet, i'd wipe the camera and put it under a small lamp for a few ours to dry it out.