Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2007, 12:18 PM   #1

Ha! What an LBA and CBA deal!

Well, cruising around Victoria, BC yesterday, I came across a pawn shop.

Aside from all of the usual things they had, there was a few Pentax cameras and lenses which caught my interest.

Get this, an old favourite (and often overlooked nowadays) the Pentax P30t was on the shelf! Not only that, but despite being a manual focus camera, it had an FA-50mm 1.7 attached to it! The lens looked like it had the skylight filter on it its entire life, as there were no scratches or dust on the lens. As to the camera, it was in such a "new" condition, that it even came with the viewfinder cover on the back!

I was extremely interested in snapping this up, if for no other reason than to have another FA for the K10 I've got with me always... but I noticed a very old bag up on top of the display case. I saw a little Pentax hand strap sticking out of it, so I asked if I could look inside. Sadly, the handstrap was just that. However, as if the Pentaxian gods were trying to lead me somewhere, there was a virtually new Tamron 500mm Mirror Lens, with the Pentax mount, sitting complete in it's case, and with all of the filters (little 30mm ones) that come with it from new sitting inside!

I decided to get them all... but what to price them out at? They didn't even have pricing on two of the items!

Long story short?

I gave him $100.

And now I'm waiting for the next full moon to take some shots with the mirror lens (-;

07-19-2007, 05:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

<Jealous>.
Congrats! Enjoy. You got some great deals there.
07-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice finds! Now, can you sell me the 500mm for $100? (j/k)

Can't wait to see your shots!