Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2010, 05:35 AM   #1
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 3
flash units

just purchased the k-x camera, will all my old flashes work with this camera, model af500ftz and model af330ftz, great flashes, used with the pz1p film cameras. thanks in advance.

04-09-2010, 05:44 AM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter
Ash's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toowoomba, Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 22,695
Hello and welcome here.
Your flashes will work, but unfortunately not in TTL mode.
A and M modes should be fine though, and it may need some mastery on your part to make them work well for you.
04-09-2010, 07:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member
theperception2008's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Łódź, Poland and Riverside, California, U.S.A
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 488
QuoteOriginally posted by pz1 Quote
just purchased the k-x camera, will all my old flashes work with this camera, model af500ftz and model af330ftz, great flashes, used with the pz1p film cameras. thanks in advance.
As Ash said they will work fine, but either in A or M mode. I just bought a af280t for my K100D Super as I like the functionality without the extra costs :-P. Also it will work fine with my Pentax Super Program too!
04-09-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago suburb, IL, USA
Posts: 1,535
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Hello and welcome here.
Your flashes will work, but unfortunately not in TTL mode.
A and M modes should be fine though, and it may need some mastery on your part to make them work well for you.
QuoteOriginally posted by theperception2008 Quote
As Ash said they will work fine, but either in A or M mode. I just bought a af280t for my K100D Super as I like the functionality without the extra costs :-P. Also it will work fine with my Pentax Super Program too!
Hi pz1,

I'm afraid the above posts are only partially correct. I have a 500 FTZ, which does not have an A mode, and from B Dimitrov's site, the 330 does not have this mode either.

Auto Focus Pentax Flashes

Your flash guns will work, but in M mode only. TTL requires a separate dedicated sensor in the camera which the Kx does not have. Only the *ist D, DS, and DS2 have had them in the DSLR series. BTW, manual flash is not that big a deal with digital, it's pretty easy to dial it in with a few test shots. With film, unless you had a darkroom in your pocket, this was not practical.

Scott


Last edited by snostorm; 04-09-2010 at 08:34 AM. Reason: added some text
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, flashes, model, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Other flash units for trailing curtain sync photos Garlic Capital Newby Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 5 06-08-2009 06:13 PM
For Sale - Sold: Two Metz 54 MZ -4i Flash Units wll Sold Items 5 06-07-2009 11:32 PM
Samsung flash units? OniFactor Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 0 01-27-2008 05:46 AM
rediculous flash units-poor customer service. mcleoud151 Pentax DSLR Discussion 34 12-04-2007 02:36 AM
My Dilemma Flash units -AF400T. Peter Zack Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 11 10-31-2007 02:23 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:28 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top