Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
According to OP, the shown photos are taken without SR. So it should be reproducible on a tripod.

04-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
According to OP, the shown photos are taken without SR. So it should be reproducible on a tripod.
I am confused. Or everybody else is

If the problem is reproducible on a tripod, then the camera is seriously defect and I have no idea why we are having this discussion at all.
04-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #18
Forum Member

SR is OFF

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Shake reduction test on a tripod?

One German photo magazine has constructed a camera shake device to be able to make reproducible SR tests. Maybe, Pentax should borrow their equipment?
Original poster performed the test hand-held with SR OFF (see the notes under the pictures).
04-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stanjo Quote
Original poster performed the test hand-held with SR OFF (see the notes under the pictures).
Fair enough. I simply didn't expect that possibility

So, it is clearly a defect. I think, this is between him and the dealer he bought the camera from.

Last edited by falconeye; 04-10-2010 at 06:24 PM.
04-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #20

Original Poster
Fair enough. I simply didn't expect that possibility

So, it is clearly a defect. I think, this is between him and the dealer he bought the camera from.
Dealer is Amazon.com, been 4 months since (all that sending to repairs) so they refuse to take it back. And Pentax does not acknowledge the problem.

New firmware did not help.
04-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #21
Veteran Member

A lot of people on DPR believe it has to do with the battery compartment. Is there a notable amount of physical resistance when closing the battery door? Some people claim putting foam or something under the thin terminals of the flap that opens up helped them.
04-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #22

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
A lot of people on DPR believe it has to do with the battery compartment. Is there a notable amount of physical resistance when closing the battery door? Some people claim putting foam or something under the thin terminals of the flap that opens up helped them.

Yes, it requires reasonable amount of effort to close it. Tested with different batteries including eneloops and alkalines - issue still there.

Some people who exchanged their cameras saying that cameras without the issue have much quieter shutter sound. Maybe it has something to do with dampening material around focusing screen? Density/positioning?

Last edited by akpch; 04-12-2010 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Clarification
04-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by akpch Quote
Dealer is Amazon.com, been 4 months since (all that sending to repairs) so they refuse to take it back.
You live in a country where people run to laywers for every shit. And now, when it would make sense, you don't?

I would still think, it is easiest to obtain a second body from Amazon, take comparative shots with both, convince (yourself and) Amazon that the body is defunct and make sure that you can return the former body to Amazon.

Just last week, I send an email to Amazon that I either want a 20% refund or money back for my more than 3 year old PlayStation3 because Sony has removed the Linux installer feature. They already answered that my case is under investigation and I shall wait a bit while they research the issue. And they signed:
QuoteQuote:
Karolin Heckmann
Our goal: to be the most customer-friendly company in the world. Your feedback is appreciated. (ed.: translated from German)
So I guess, you really clarify the issue with Amazon using a comparative evaluation of two bodies.

04-15-2010, 07:24 AM   #24

Original Poster
falconeye,

what prevents me from returning defective camera to Amazon instead of good one once I am done with my comparison?
04-15-2010, 07:53 AM   #25
Veteran Member

what prevents me from returning defective camera to Amazon instead of good one once I am done with my comparison?
You shall return the defective camera. This is why you better speak up to Amazon first about this.

Returning the older camera within Amazon's normal return policy won't work as serial numbers are normally registered.
04-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #26
Pentaxian

falconeye,

Federal fraud statutes come to mind.
04-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #27
Veteran Member

You shall return the defective camera. This is why you better speak up to Amazon first about this.

Returning the older camera within Amazon's normal return policy won't work as serial numbers are normally registered.
Sigma service comes to mind as they sometimes return you another lens w/ serial number sticker from the one you sent them to fix/adjust.
04-17-2010, 06:20 AM   #28

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
Sigma service comes to mind as they sometimes return you another lens w/ serial number sticker from the one you sent them to fix/adjust.
They must have a way to write new serial number into lens firmware.
04-17-2010, 08:28 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
Why the hell would they do that? And I assume you have (a link to) some proof somewhere.