Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
k110d question?

so i have a k110d and my internal flash does not work. when i had got the camera the flash burnt out. im not sure but i think that having this burnt internal flash is causing it to short out or some how cause my external flash to not work. i have had two external flashes have the same problem. the will work for a while then one day they stop. they will turn on and sound like they are charging but just make a clicking sound . and then they smell like melted wire. are these two things related? has anyone else had this problem? what shall i do? can i get a new flash bulb or unit? or should i just get a new camera?

04-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Any possibility the problem is the batteries, then? Seems weird you'd have three devices all exhibit the same symptom. Did the K110D ever work?
04-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
i have bout 2 pack of batteries and tried all batteries in the pack. the flash on the camera did work for a bit.
04-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Yes, but what kind of abtteries, and how new? Are any of those Eneloops of similar low-self-ischarge hybrid rechargeables - the ones recommend over and over and over and over in this fourm? And how good is your charger? I'm not saying that it *is* the batteries, but if you're having problems with more than one devices, it seems logical to look for the common denominator here.

04-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by xxaloxx Quote
so i have a k110d and my internal flash does not work. when i had got the camera the flash burnt out. im not sure but i think that having this burnt internal flash is causing it to short out or some how cause my external flash to not work. i have had two external flashes have the same problem. the will work for a while then one day they stop. they will turn on and sound like they are charging but just make a clicking sound . and then they smell like melted wire. are these two things related? has anyone else had this problem? what shall i do? can i get a new flash bulb or unit? or should i just get a new camera?
Was the K110d a 2nd hand unit? was the internal flash working before and for how long?
04-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

If the internal pop-up flash is already burnt out, then it would no longer have a connection, since like a burnt light bulb, the metallic elements that make it light no longer has any contact.
I would rather think that the K110D has an internal electrical problem rather than just the flash.
As for the external flash, make sure that it is making contact on the hot shoe as the K1XX series has a tendency of not getting the external flashes seated well.