Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K-x

<RAVE>
My new camera looks great with a DA40 on it. With super fast focus, makes a great combination for street shots, you can literally shoot from the hip.
</RAVE>

<RANT>
Loud shutter.
</RANT>

04-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

How loud is the shutter actually? I just got a Nikon D50 yesterday and the shutter on that thing is louder than any camera that I've ever used before, even the Canon XXD series and the older Pentax ones too.
04-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The K-x is definitely not quiet, I'd say probably as loud as *ist DS, which can wake up a small neighborhood late at night.

The K20D sounds a little different and softer. I've heard (ha!) that K-7 is quite quiet but I myself have never shot with it. I did shoot with a friend's D300 a couple of times and while it is not quiet either, the Nikon does have a distinct film SLR-like sound, if that makes any sense.
04-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Well I got quite used to the *ist DS's shutter sound, although I doubt many around me did. I guess that is due to the lack of dampening on it?