Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2006, 07:19 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Insanity at it's best.

If you can get through the entire post and responses this is why I think all the old dp guys have made the jump.

Woodpecker & banding: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Mike (Mousehill) I think your right but this time George (Quietly confidant) did hit the nail on the head.

This has got to be one of the best examples of insanity I have ever witnessed.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David

11-27-2006, 07:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Thanks for the link, I'd skipped that one. QC's contribution had me in stitches! I can get back to work now having had a good therapeutic laugh. They're all mad.

Julie
11-27-2006, 08:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

You're absolutely right. The place has turned into a complete nut house. I can't help to get angry when I read there for a while. Ever since the announcement of the K10D the place has changed , but the last couple of days have been really bad.

Good to see a lot of the old crowd and familiar names suddenly start posting here!
11-27-2006, 08:33 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That was good....

LOL

Don

11-27-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
Veteran Member

That was the funniest thing I've read in quite some time.
11-27-2006, 11:55 AM   #6
Veteran Member

THat's what happened to the Nikon forums with the introduction of the D200. Everyone has to have the biggest and the best. Still there were some very entertaining posts on that thread.
11-27-2006, 11:57 AM   #7

Huoh... it used to be nice place..... but nothing lasts forever... it is an playgroud of incompetent, selfmade tehnical "experts" now...

These guys would have got an snapped vein in their brains in darkroom because of dust partickles.... it was allmost impossible to avoid them. What kind of sterile parallel continuum these creatures came from?

11-27-2006, 01:06 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think they should use the patch tool in photoshop and get over it.
11-27-2006, 02:30 PM   #9
Veteran Member

That forum played a major part in me getting an *Ist DS. I doubt it could get me into buying K10D even if it had the same price DS once had.
I now rarely read any posts there and never entire post as they seem to get a hundrend answers in an hour time (usualy involving only several people) that don't seem to lead to any conclusion.
11-27-2006, 04:28 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I don't know what draws me back to reading some of the dribble. I guess I just need a laugh once a dayand those clowns do thier very best to entertain.
Infact earlier this afternoon I happened to peek in to see who was posting and I happened on a post from a guy who has been a member for about a mounth. He recieved his k10D today and sent it back to B&H because he read of all the problems with banding at high ISO and didn't want to have the problems. (Insanity at it's best) He never even tried the camera. (how stupid do you have to be) to top it off a guy who had only been a member for two weeks told him it would be best for all the members if he did this and chamged to another system so they wouldn't have to hear him complain.
To which Jens responded to thet post and handed the guy his head by telling him he had only been a member for two weeks and didn't have the right to condemm the guy.

It is total madness and I for one am glad for this forum and the way it is put together. So Adam (MO) once again I say thankyou and thankyou for my membership here and allowing me to post, and enjoy our family.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
11-28-2006, 08:55 PM   #11
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to see you all!!

I've been quietly posting a few shots over here for a while, and find it a nice peaceful place. Over at DPR, things are pretty upside down, but I think it will calm down in a while........maybe a long while! Just enjoy it here, and give yourself a break, post some nice shots, and relax without having to wrap your head in duct tape to keep it from exploding. - - - Rupert
11-28-2006, 10:21 PM   #12
Inactive Account

I used to read the forums on DPR, I never posted since you can't set up an account with a webmail address such as yahoo. I am glad this one does. I moved to this forum after hearing about it on DPR. DPR's Pentax forum has gone down hill fast.
11-28-2006, 10:29 PM   #13

Enjoy while it lasts! I for one do not get to post in DPR with a webmail add. The crowd will come, it gets rowdy, we have to deal with it...and we'll move on again. Its a vicious cycle...
Enough said, lets see some pictures??
11-28-2006, 11:11 PM   #14
Forum Member

I've really learned a lot from the many who have "lived" over at dp in the almost 2 years ago since I started down the path of getting a Pentax DSLR. Thanks!

The dpreview forum was a great place to look at photos taken by photographers, to ask questions about taking photos, and to become part of a community. A lot of that has disappeared to be replaced with a more technical focus...

I'm looking forward to seeing this place grow into a community
11-29-2006, 09:35 AM   #15
WRB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree you really have to pick through at DPR to find something of value recently. The K10D has created chaos. I almost get the feeling that many likely(not all) want the K10 to be a cure all, fix all, well plainly stated an expensive P&S to make them whole, or they are owners of other brands that are now questioning their own. I enjoy the relaxed calm found here.