Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Is there any firmware update for K200D?

The title itself is the question. I see firmware updates for other bodies. I am talking about past year or two.
But I don't see one for K200D. Is the current firmware bug free?
If in case you (K200D owners) want to see a new firmware, what would be your requirements for that firmware?

04-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
emr

To my knowledge there's no update. Perhaps it really is fairly bug-free. And since it seems to share quite a bit of its tech with the K10D, perhaps they had debugged the firmware for it already so well. This is just my uneducated guess, so other members feel free to correct me.
04-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
To my knowledge there's no update. Perhaps it really is fairly bug-free. And since it seems to share quite a bit of its tech with the K10D, perhaps they had debugged the firmware for it already so well. This is just my uneducated guess, so other members feel free to correct me.
Looks definitely bug free..and if ever, there would be things that could be improved upon, i don't think Pentax would waste its time on an "old" model.
I would think they would be concentrating more on the new ones as they might have already made (or not) their money on the K200D.
It would be great though if companies would actually still develop firmware updates for its past models.
04-11-2010, 11:54 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
You can really forget an upgrade for this camera and above all it don't need any upgrade because it has no bugs. I have a K200D and I use all its settings without to finde any problem and I don't heard nowhere that it has problem.

it would be very nice if Pentax do an ISO improvement but we can't forget this also.

04-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by alexulo Quote
it would be very nice if Pentax do an ISO improvement but we can't forget this also.
I think they have to change the sensor itself to be able to improve upon this as the sensor of the K200D gets it from the K10D.
If ever, it would be a noise reduction feature that they will integrate if they would want to..but you can do this with softwares available for the PC itself.