Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K7 Upgrade time?

I've got a bonus coming up in the next month or two. I'm thinking of upgrading my *istD to the K7. Anyone have any recommendations for a place to possibly purchase online? (Canada) I've got a Henry's local to me, but want to see if I can find it cheaper to see if they will price match for me. There seems to be a few kits available now, so also debating if to just get the body and use my old M42's, or get the kit with the 2 lenses. What are your thoughts?

04-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
I've got a bonus coming up in the next month or two. I'm thinking of upgrading my *istD to the K7. Anyone have any recommendations for a place to possibly purchase online? (Canada) I've got a Henry's local to me, but want to see if I can find it cheaper to see if they will price match for me. There seems to be a few kits available now, so also debating if to just get the body and use my old M42's, or get the kit with the 2 lenses. What are your thoughts?
The WR 18-55 kit lens that comes with the K7 is actually pretty decent. Given your list, if you're happy with your Taks, I would suggest getting that one kit lens. Can't help you with a retailer though. You might try Prodigital2000...

04-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #3

Prodigital2000 and 123easyship are Canadian eBay sellers - part of the Carmen's Photo chain. 123easyship has the K-7 body only for 1049.95 CDN + tax. Free shipping. I bought a lens from them - no problems.
04-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The one thing that you might notice when upgrading (depends on if you even use it) is the lowered flash sync speed between the *ist D and the K-7. The other thing you've notice (for good though) is how much lighter it is!

04-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
The one thing that you might notice when upgrading (depends on if you even use it) is the lowered flash sync speed between the *ist D and the K-7. The other thing you've notice (for good though) is how much lighter it is!
Not sure what you are saying. The *ist D is quite a bit lighter than the K7 and the K7 has a flash sync speed of 1/180th versus 1/150th for the *ist D. I think the jump between the two cameras will be amazing -- K7 is better in every way that I can think of (except for being heavier, but that comes from the magnesium alloy body...).
04-11-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
Inactive Account

You should go at any of portal site you will find many of items as much you will tried by buying that, So fantastic i know one site name is fiber2fashion its good portal to buy or sell every thing,. Have it good.
04-12-2010, 04:19 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Not sure what you are saying. The *ist D is quite a bit lighter than the K7 and the K7 has a flash sync speed of 1/180th versus 1/150th for the *ist D. I think the jump between the two cameras will be amazing -- K7 is better in every way that I can think of (except for being heavier, but that comes from the magnesium alloy body...).
Probably the only thing I would really miss is the TTL, but think I would really enjoy the shake reduction.