Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
Pentaxian
eccs19's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lisle, Ontario
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,458
K7 Upgrade time?

I've got a bonus coming up in the next month or two. I'm thinking of upgrading my *istD to the K7. Anyone have any recommendations for a place to possibly purchase online? (Canada) I've got a Henry's local to me, but want to see if I can find it cheaper to see if they will price match for me. There seems to be a few kits available now, so also debating if to just get the body and use my old M42's, or get the kit with the 2 lenses. What are your thoughts?

04-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,485
QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
I've got a bonus coming up in the next month or two. I'm thinking of upgrading my *istD to the K7. Anyone have any recommendations for a place to possibly purchase online? (Canada) I've got a Henry's local to me, but want to see if I can find it cheaper to see if they will price match for me. There seems to be a few kits available now, so also debating if to just get the body and use my old M42's, or get the kit with the 2 lenses. What are your thoughts?
The WR 18-55 kit lens that comes with the K7 is actually pretty decent. Given your list, if you're happy with your Taks, I would suggest getting that one kit lens. Can't help you with a retailer though. You might try Prodigital2000...

04-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 187
Prodigital2000 and 123easyship are Canadian eBay sellers - part of the Carmen's Photo chain. 123easyship has the K-7 body only for 1049.95 CDN + tax. Free shipping. I bought a lens from them - no problems.
04-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member
jct us101's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 3,695
The one thing that you might notice when upgrading (depends on if you even use it) is the lowered flash sync speed between the *ist D and the K-7. The other thing you've notice (for good though) is how much lighter it is!

04-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Indiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,969
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
The one thing that you might notice when upgrading (depends on if you even use it) is the lowered flash sync speed between the *ist D and the K-7. The other thing you've notice (for good though) is how much lighter it is!
Not sure what you are saying. The *ist D is quite a bit lighter than the K7 and the K7 has a flash sync speed of 1/180th versus 1/150th for the *ist D. I think the jump between the two cameras will be amazing -- K7 is better in every way that I can think of (except for being heavier, but that comes from the magnesium alloy body...).
04-11-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: misterwong
Posts: 3
You should go at any of portal site you will find many of items as much you will tried by buying that, So fantastic i know one site name is fiber2fashion its good portal to buy or sell every thing,. Have it good.
04-12-2010, 04:19 AM   #7
Pentaxian
eccs19's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lisle, Ontario
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,458
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Not sure what you are saying. The *ist D is quite a bit lighter than the K7 and the K7 has a flash sync speed of 1/180th versus 1/150th for the *ist D. I think the jump between the two cameras will be amazing -- K7 is better in every way that I can think of (except for being heavier, but that comes from the magnesium alloy body...).
Probably the only thing I would really miss is the TTL, but think I would really enjoy the shake reduction.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k7, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time for an upgrade? dugrant153 Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 22 04-16-2010 11:11 AM
Time for upgrade - Stay with Pentax? mindglow Pentax DSLR Discussion 63 08-09-2009 01:04 PM
Upgrade Advice: Upgrade Lenses or Camera krs Pentax DSLR Discussion 10 07-17-2009 05:24 AM
Time to Upgrade from K100D Super? fatdaddy Pentax DSLR Discussion 5 02-12-2009 08:48 AM
Long time lurker; 1st time post cmstringer Welcomes and Introductions 1 01-26-2009 02:16 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:35 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top