04-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, no bag, lens hood, heck you are lucky to get a camera in the box

04-14-2010, 05:18 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by icywarm Quote
Yes, no bag, lens hood, heck you are lucky to get a camera in the box
lol! not even a box for me. I asked my friend (a d90 user) to test the camera functionality to death as I didn't want a faulty piece brought from another country across the globe, when I cannot find a local pentax dealer or repair shop.

Its already out of the box, and tested for about 5 to 6 hours. Reports are that both the lens and camera are okey. (although, being a d90 user, he sort of disappointed in me for going with pentax, and goes on and on and on about how canikon is a better investment, but I told him that I know what I am doing).

Anyways, anticipating everything, I made him buy a case logic bag aswell. I should have asked the lens hood and firmware question earlier, and should have made him get it upgraded with latest firmware, and get a lens hood.

Looks like now I have to take a risk of upgrading the firmware on dying batteries :P .. LOL
04-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by techmulla Quote
lol! not even a box for me. I asked my friend (a d90 user) to test the camera functionality to death as I didn't want a faulty piece brought from another country across the globe, when I cannot find a local pentax dealer or repair shop.

Its already out of the box, and tested for about 5 to 6 hours. Reports are that both the lens and camera are okey. (although, being a d90 user, he sort of disappointed in me for going with pentax, and goes on and on and on about how canikon is a better investment, but I told him that I know what I am doing).

Anyways, anticipating everything, I made him buy a case logic bag aswell. I should have asked the lens hood and firmware question earlier, and should have made him get it upgraded with latest firmware, and get a lens hood.

Looks like now I have to take a risk of upgrading the firmware on dying batteries :P .. LOL
That is rather good news that you got it already tested, albeit by your Nikon friend..hehe.
The lens hood would be easy to buy as they have it on ebay.
If you get the original hood then it would set you back a lot but if you get the copy off ebay, then I think it would only set you back around less than $15.
Let's just hope that that is a new stock and the firmware has already been upgraded. The first upgrade is the one to be worried about but the succeeding upgrades would be a piece of cake since the battery issue would have been addressed by the first important update.
Congratulations on your K-x.
04-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
it depends. some camera got the newest firmwire ,but some not. you can update it yourself , it is quite easy