Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2010, 05:52 AM   #1
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: India
Posts: 7
Buying a Pentax K-X

Hi Guys,

My friend wants to buy a Pentax K-x(Yes he saw my cam and he is copying me).He has came across various online Digital camera shops.Can anyone please tell me that,are these websites authentic.Has anyone purchased from the below sites.

Any feedback on these would be really helpful.

1) PrimoCameras.com
2) Pentax K-x with 18-55mm lens - Digital Cameras - Shopping.com
3) Pentax K-x , 12.4 Megapixel, SLR Digital Camera w/ 18-55mm Zoom Lens Kit (Red)


If anyone is aware of any better deal or Cheaper deal,please provide the link.

Thanks
Biru

04-12-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 482
amazon or b&h best deals (maybe a little more expensive but waaaay safer)

ebay alternative - because on ebay the feedback really matters...

I just wanted to buy a cheap K7 from an UK site but luckily I have searched from some user opinions and almost all were bad. Actually the price difference compared with B&H was under 10% which I think is worth to keep one on the safe side.
04-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Bramela's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Newcastle Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,281
I agree, Amazon and B&H are as safe a bets as you will get.
04-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member
jct us101's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 3,695
You can check Store Ratings & Reviews - ResellerRatings.com - Shop Safe & Avoid Scams to see what other people thought of those companies. I don't have any experience with them myself.

04-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member
Tuner571's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,550
I will also agree with Amazon and B&H. They are releative large camera dealers and I have ordered from them both. They both offer great prices and shipping is usually fairly quick.
04-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member
GerryL's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,731
Try Adorama as they have a very very good customer service.
They always address problems encountered with their consumers.
There is even an Adorama representative active here on the forums to immediately correct or address any consumer problems regarding their purchases from Adorama.
04-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #7
Veteran Member
KxBlaze's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,594
QuoteOriginally posted by beruoist Quote
Hi Guys,

My friend wants to buy a Pentax K-x(Yes he saw my cam and he is copying me).He has came across various online Digital camera shops.Can anyone please tell me that,are these websites authentic.Has anyone purchased from the below sites.

Any feedback on these would be really helpful.

1) PrimoCameras.com
2) Pentax K-x with 18-55mm lens - Digital Cameras - Shopping.com
3) Pentax K-x , 12.4 Megapixel, SLR Digital Camera w/ 18-55mm Zoom Lens Kit (Red)


If anyone is aware of any better deal or Cheaper deal,please provide the link.

Thanks
Biru
DO NOT BUY FROM CameraKings. I have read tons of horror stories from that place. They have flat out accepted payment from a customer, didn't ship the item and refused to give a refund.

I got my Kx from Amazon about 2 months ago with the 18-55 kit lens for $498 including shipping, so I would go with Amazon.
04-12-2010, 10:56 PM   #8
Forum Member
levelred's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 65
i picked up mine amazon for $433...
with kit lens...

04-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #9
Veteran Member
TOUGEFC's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brisbane
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,561
If i was you mate go with amazon
04-13-2010, 02:14 AM   #10
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: India
Posts: 7
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
If i was you mate go with amazon
I can't see any option of International shipping in Amazon

But yes B&H have it.
04-13-2010, 03:30 AM   #11
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: India
Posts: 7
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
Try Adorama as they have a very very good customer service.
They always address problems encountered with their consumers.
There is even an Adorama representative active here on the forums to immediately correct or address any consumer problems regarding their purchases from Adorama.
Finally,My friend bought himself a Pentax KX at 566 USD.Here is the red devil he chose.

https://www.adorama.com/IPXKXRK1.html

Thanks for all the input guys.

Cheers
Biru
04-13-2010, 07:51 AM   #12
Veteran Member
GerryL's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,731
Congratulations and good decision!
Adorama is a great company.
Better than the other big companies out there.
I rate then #1 on customer service.
I have bought from them several times now and only consider them.
I also bought my Pentax Optio W80 from them at a very good price!
I no longer buy from the other big company since I got burned there..poor customer service and to them, business is just business and you're just one customer attitude.
04-13-2010, 07:54 AM   #13
Veteran Member
GerryL's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,731
QuoteOriginally posted by beruoist Quote
Finally,My friend bought himself a Pentax KX at 566 USD.Here is the red devil he chose.

https://www.adorama.com/IPXKXRK1.html

Thanks for all the input guys.

Cheers
Biru
It is not actually $566 since it has that "add to cart for special price".
It turns up as $499!
That is actually a good deal and from a good company too!
Congratulations again!
04-14-2010, 12:16 AM   #14
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: India
Posts: 7
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
It is not actually $566 since it has that "add to cart for special price".
It turns up as $499!
That is actually a good deal and from a good company too!
Congratulations again!
Yeah 499 USD is the price for the KX,but it costed my friend 566 with the International Shipping. On the other hand he has to bear Some customs taxes and other charges while the delivery of the product as well. (As far as i know)

Can't wait to lay my hands on Shiny red K-X.
04-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #15
Veteran Member
GerryL's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,731
QuoteOriginally posted by beruoist Quote
Yeah 499 USD is the price for the KX,but it costed my friend 566 with the International Shipping. On the other hand he has to bear Some customs taxes and other charges while the delivery of the product as well. (As far as i know)

Can't wait to lay my hands on Shiny red K-X.
Well, he can always think that he got if for the original price ($566) with free shipping!
The K-x red is actually rather nice. I'll be tempted myself to get one once I upgrade my K100D super.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
18-55mm, camera, dslr, k-x, lens, pentax, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying a pentax K-X bumbibop Pentax DSLR Discussion 4 04-10-2010 04:07 PM
Looking at buying a new Pentax DSLR Ron720 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 14 09-06-2009 08:45 PM
Anyone buying a Pentax T-Shirt? barbosas General Talk 0 02-26-2008 11:26 AM
Buying a new Pentax very soon ;=) fleetwoodjazz Pentax DSLR Discussion 2 07-28-2007 01:18 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:31 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top