Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Debug menu access for the K100DS?

Has anyone figured this one out for the K100DS?

Will I be able to get to the debug mode through the software that was released for the K10D? If yes, will I be able to turn off the debug mode?

Anyone know?

Thanks!

04-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There is a debug mode for the K100D. I am assumming that you are looking for BF/FF adjustments. If you mess your camera up with these steps you obviously will be SOL:

1. Power OFF
While pressing [AE-L]+[INFO], turn the camera on. It helps to have 3 hands here.
Firmware is desplayed on LCD.
Press [MENU]->[MENU]->[INFO] within 3 seconds. You have to be quick here.
You can see DEBUG mode screen.
By pressing [Right key],Make [DEBUG MODE DIS] to [DEBUG MODE EN]. In otherwords change DEBUG from disabled to enabled.
Then, Press [OK].

At this point you will see some criptique information on your LCD along with the word WAITING ...... at the top of the screen. Just ingore what you see on the screen and go to the next step.

2. Press [MENU], and go to thesetup menu. The menu fucntions seem to display the same as normal except for having a few more options on the last screen of the setup menu.
By pressing [Up key] which takes you to the last screen , select AF TEST.
By pressing [Right key], go into AF TEST menu.
By pressing [Down key], select FOCUS CORR. Do not touch the AF Area Test.
now you can adjust shift amount by pressing [right key] or [left key]. Left to correct for front focus, right to adjust for back focus. After changing the value, Press [OK] to save.

The camera will still be in dubug mode but will function. You will notice a lot of code on the LCD screen when the auto preview comes up after taking each shot.

3. Test your camera that Focus is corrected.

Repeat step 2 and 3 untill you are satisfied that the focus point is correct. You can't retain a setting for each lens.

4. Now the trick is to get the camera out of DEBUG mode.You have to do that in the same wayyou got into it. Turn the camera off.
Then while pressing [AE-L]+[INFO], turn the camera on.
Firmware is desplayed on LCD.
Press [MENU]->[MENU]->[INFO] within 3 seconds. Be quick.
You can seeDEBUG mode screen.
By pressing [Right key],Make [DEBUG MODE EN] to [DEBUG MODE DIS].
Then, Press [OK]. In other words you need to disable debug mode.

To get in or out of DEBUG mode you have to turn the camera off and turn it on again while pressing AE-L and INFO.

Good luck.
04-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks forthe reply, but the reason I posted that question was because the button combination to access the K100D debug menu does not work on the K100D Super.

I was hoping someone had figured it out for the Super in the last couple of years.
04-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

If you google, the debug menu for the K100D super would be the same as the K10D but the way to get out of the debug menu would be the same as the K100D.
I haven't tried it though but I was curious before and googled a lot.
I even downloaded the necessary files to hack into it but never got to do it.
Google K10D hack and you will also find there that it works for the K100D super too.
Get back to us and report how it goes.