Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2010, 11:37 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Corrupted raw files

Answering in an older message…
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/26517-card-reader-...raw-files.html

Dear friend,
Jesus is risen from the dead!
I bought a second hand Pentax K20D camera in a perfect situation. In the past, I used Pentax K10D that I sent it for service in order to repair the back focus Pentax K10D phenomenon, that I believe it was a problem that Pentax wanted to us to have in order to change camera very quickly, or give them money again. If they didn’t want to do it they would unlock the menu (by a firmware) and let us alone adjust the focus, which they ought to have it adjusted!!!
Anyway, I used the Pentax K20D with my original 8GB SD cards without any problems. The only problem was that the files were bigger and as a result the photos fewer in the cards.
So, I decided to buy 16GB SD cards from eBay. So, I was looking for the cheapest SD rams and I ordered two of them, which were no name (I didn't notice it because the sticker looked like my 8GB SD rams but without the Brand name printed on it).
When I received them, the one was broken and the other one primarily worked. But, after 10 or 20 photos, every new shot destroyed the previous file. I have 20 files that are black and I do not know what to do.
Of course I sent back the memories but the damage was already a fact that made me sad, as I had some family photos on the Easter Holy Day.
I will try to send you a "black" file to see what I mean.