Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
But the first and very simple task would be to tell us how he judges the pictures as motion-blurred. By looking at them at 100%? If so, see my previous post.
gazonk, you're totally correct and I was about to make the same comment.

But then I saw ogl's last post and realized he is on a mission and not really having an actual problem. His using bold thread title letters should have warned me

04-15-2010, 08:23 AM   #17
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Explain me, please, my problem - I have K200D and have a lot of blurred photos with SR OFF at "border" shutter speed - for example, it's 1/60 for FA43 or 1/200 for FA135. With SR ON - the situation is better. But my old *ist DS with worse mirror slap and lags of shutter was better. I had no any problems to shoot with FA43 at 1/60 and even at 1/50 without any SR. FA135 was better at 1/200 than now.

I think that it's a problem of SR technology.

I always avoid 1/60 for FA43, 1/125 for FA77 and 1/200 for FA135 with SR OFF.
I'm not sure how it could be a problem with SR technology if the problem you are having is when the SR if OFF.
04-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I'm not sure how it could be a problem with SR technology if the problem you are having is when the SR if OFF.
The system must still keep that sensor in place
04-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Of course, P. Smith with his admirable work did it for you already.

He found that there is a difference between #2 with MLU on/off of 0.8 - 1.1 Ám depending on orientation and SR on or off. I assume the flash method to reveal about the same difference between #3 and #2 MLU on. But I will await your test

So, what we know is that the sensor moves at most by about 1Ám due to mirror slap. This is much less than you would ever be able to notice, ogl.
but that was w/ K7 - may be sensor moves more than 1Ám w/ Kx ? at least the sound hints to a stronger air pressure wave

04-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
but that was w/ K7 - may be sensor moves more than 1Ám w/ Kx ? at least the sound hints to a stronger air pressure wave
Somebody suggesting this for the K-x should repeat Peter Smith's test for the K-x and stay quiet if not.
08-26-2010, 05:13 AM   #21
Inactive Account

blurred photos

Hi i had the same problem with a Pentax k200D, i took it back to Jessops and got my money back. Because there was a fault with THE CAMERA, not me ??.
08-26-2010, 05:14 AM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Explain me, please, my problem - I have K200D and have a lot of blurred photos with SR OFF at "border" shutter speed - for example, it's 1/60 for FA43 or 1/200 for FA135. With SR ON - the situation is better. But my old *ist DS with worse mirror slap and lags of shutter was better. I had no any problems to shoot with FA43 at 1/60 and even at 1/50 without any SR. FA135 was better at 1/200 than now.

I think that it's a problem of SR technology.

I always avoid 1/60 for FA43, 1/125 for FA77 and 1/200 for FA135 with SR OFF.
If you don't wait for the SR system to arm, then it might fire. Make sure the hand icon is shown in the viewfinder prior to shooting.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #23
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
SR could be having problems like this thread.

It will be interesting to see all the *ist DSLR (non-SR) cameras still functioning properly just as the SR cameras start experiencing problems down the road. More electronics/features = less reliability/dependability.

08-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #24

Photos: Albums
If Pentax can get enough of a groundswell of pentax users pissed off about the shortcomings of SR in the next two weeks, they think they might be able to move to in-lens VR without a bad word?
08-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #25
Site Supporter

and loose the advantage of having all lenses stabilized?
not a chance.

SR has already been proven to work. it's not perfect, so is IS or VR.
so you work on getting it better and better, not dropping it and going to in lens IS