Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2010, 03:18 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery
Great shots for MF with moving subjects ! Assume your k20D also has no split focusing screen ? I can hardly ever get sharp shots with my MF lenses and K-X (unless it's still life) so just succumbed to getting FA 50mm f/1.4.

04-23-2010, 04:14 AM   #32
Inactive Account

Guy at the Audubon Society "Why do you shoot Pentax Cameras?"

Me "I told my wife I wanted something really hot, sexy and with great handing. This was as close as I could get without incurring massive legal fees or another car payment".
04-23-2010, 05:31 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
hey us leica photographers get snubbed too,I have had people ask me why I paid $7,000 for a manual focus camera that can't shoot at 8.5 FPS and it doesn't even let you look through the lens you're using? - I was so tempted to show him the quality construction of a leica by hurling it at his balding head...I have seen Leica cameras survive that kind of punishment and more - active insolence is difficult to bear, but insolence based on ignorance and plain stupidity is impossible.

I was shooting in Russia once and a colleague of mine was using a new nikon D2X - I was using a pentax LX. At -20 degrees the shutter mechanism on his D2X completely seized up ruining the shoot for him...and I was able to keep on going with a bloody film camera...hehe - my shots turned out fine.