Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #1

K100D Firmware

So, my Mom bought a refurbished K100D off of Best Buy, and it looks great and was sold for a fantastic price. The only issue, is the firmware.

I downloaded the 1.02 firmware and used an old 16mb card to attempt to install the card for the install. When I turned on the power while holding the menu button down, the screen flashed the 1.00 firmware, but didn't start loading the new firmware, it just started up as normal. I've done two of these updates before and never had any issues. Does any one have any suggestions?

I had fresh rechargeables in? Would new lithium's make a difference?

Thanks!!!

04-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Go to it step by step.
You might be going at it automatically in your mind and might have missed something.
Read the readme.txt file thoroughly.
If you do everything as the readme.txt file said and still nothing, then you might want to try another memory card since the card may be bad 'coz it seems like the camera isn't reading it by not recognizing the update that is in its root directory.
Batteries would only matter if the camera recognized the firmware update, and you should have a fully charged battery for it not to die in the middle of the update.
From your description, it would seem that the camera is not recognizing the SD card.
Shoot some photos with it and see if it store it in the memory card you have.
If it does, then format that card in the camera itself and do the firmware update all over again.
04-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
If I remember correctly 1.02 firmware adds SDHC compatability hence your camera not being able to read the card, you will need an sd card smaller than 4 gig for the camera to read the firmware.

HTH

Gary

Just read your post & noticed it says 16mb??? You did mean 16 gig??? Never seen a 16mb SD card
04-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #4

Original Poster
Yeah, the card I was using was ancient. I was using the Mac download, and it wouldn't work, so I ran Windows in parallels and loaded the .exe version and the firmware file was different. When I tried that, it worked fine. So if anybody ever had problems with this try the windows version.

04-17-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Glad you got it figured out.