Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2010, 02:39 PM   #16
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum, and welcome to the K-7 group. You made and excellent choice and every K-7 owner will tell you that it is a great, great camera and that you canot be wrong. More, you had an excellent deal on the entire package.

We all love our K-7 and you will have great fun with it. Look ofrward to see your shots.

05-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #17

Original Poster
Some shots

I've gotten to play a bit. These aren't what I'd call good, but I think they show what the inherent capabilities of this rig are, and I'm very happy.

05-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did you do these with the Kit lens?? Not too shabby if so, even if not, a good start.

05-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Did you do these with the Kit lens?? Not too shabby if so, even if not, a good start.

Yes, these were all taken with the 18-55 kit lens. Mostly Hyperprogram setting, playing with aperture and shutter speed a little. Love those dials, man. Thanks for the kind words.

05-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #20
Forum Member

Kx or K7

I initially purchased the K-x and loved it. I loved it so much that I decided to take the plunge and purchase a K-7 body as well. I love both cameras and each have their strengths and weaknesses.

I use the K-x for low light, ease of use, and portability.

i use the K-7 for any sort of professional work that I do.

Basically the K-x is always on my side and I bring out the K-7 for serious shoots. Both are fantastic, and the shift from the K-x to the K-7 was a graceful one, as many of the features are the same. I do like having more control with the K-7, but the K-x is my "go-to" camera.
05-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #21

Original Poster
Some more

Still the kit lens, still not sure what I'm doing, but boy oh boy is it fun to try. This camera just feels right in the hand, and calls out to try new and different shots.

These were all taken as jpeg, just to see what the camera is capable of, and because I've never really messed with RAW, though that is next on the agenda. Can't tell, as each screen shows a little difference, but I'm thinking they may be just a touch underexposed? Going to try +.3 Ev next.
05-02-2010, 12:59 AM   #22

Photos: Gallery
I really love my K7 (had a K100D before and a MX in the analog film time). I also really love the weather sealing, something i really missed when i visited Ireland a couple of years ago.

Last friday it was qeensday here in The Netherlands, lots of things to do out in the streets, kids playing very old games, lots of artists on the streets, huge flee market where everybody could sell all the stuff they don't need anymore.

Lots of nice objects for you're camera. But it was raining, really poring rain.
There was a guy with a canon with a huge lens on it, but he had to keep his camera under his coat. Whenever he wanted to shoot a picture, he took his camera, made his shot and very quickly put it back under his coat.
I really loved to stay a while in his neighberhood taking pictures with a soaking wet camera

An other guy i saw had very nice water vapor under his top LCD, bye bye camera

Considering the bad weather and the rain, i think they came out pretty well.

Last edited by Sakura; 05-02-2010 at 02:22 AM.
05-02-2010, 05:29 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jedcaum Quote

Anyway, the Canon didn't do it in low light at all, so I wanted to get back to SLR and fast(er) lenses. I realize that the KX seems to be the de rigeur recommendation for shooting in low light, but I'm a gotta have the best I can afford type. That, and I made the mistake of handling them both, and the K-7 won that contest hands down.

well ultimately it is you who has to decide. You handled both and like k7 so go with it. Nothing worse than buying something you did not like.