Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #16
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
My guess is you don't really need a flash right now, but just want something cool to stick in the shoe.

Save your money, and buy something better than $100 worth--which I don't even know you can buy in the first place.

Never start with a dollar figure for any piece of gear. Start with what you want the gear to do, and work your way towards the dollars you have to spend to make that happen.

I can sell you any of a dozen older mint flashes that I have for dirt cheap, but they will fry your DSLR's electronics because of voltage.
Ira, your flashes should work with one of these.

04-17-2010, 12:01 AM   #17
Forum Member

get an auto flash. not P-TTL

Get an auto-flash, not a dedicated P-TTL. I find auto-flash more reliable than P-TTL, plus P-TTL increases your chances to get blinkers (there is a pre-flash that makes people blink).

I would recommend Sunpak 383. I'm not sure if you can find them new, but they were all the rage a couple of years ago (and rightfully so). Check eBay.
04-17-2010, 01:03 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
*koff* If you ever decide you don't need that cord,, *koff* Well, I could maybe take it off your hands.
I'll keep my eyes open for a spare, I seem to run into 1 or 2 a year on the camera show circuit. I was actually more impressed when I found the original dummy battery with remote cord that I needed to build a remote high capacity/low voltage battery pack. Of course, since building the pack I haven't had an event that would call for several hundred full power flashes, but at least the capacity is there. I was remembering my days shooting stage performances and sports with inadequate flash power when I built it.
04-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wait. . .

I would wait at least until you can afford to get the AF 360. Isn't it only $199 or something? Save your pennies, my friend, and get much better results. . . Cindy

QuoteOriginally posted by chopath Quote
What flash would you buy? That is about all I have for a flash right now and wanted everyones opinion.

Please tell me what you picked(or would pick) to shoot on your camera. I am open to new or used. Any opinions are welcome and if you spent less and have a great flash please speak up because I would like to save any change for a FA 50 1.4!

Thanks in advance!

Chopath