Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2010, 03:12 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Km bracketing - remote trigger ?

Was trying long exposure night shots last night with my Km, two major frustrations :-
1) With the Pentax IR remote and camera in bulb mode, I have to hold the button down for the full exposure. I have just checked on the Kx and it allows click to start and click to end.
2) When using bracketing, cannot use the IR remote to trigger. On Kx, this slao seems to be the case.

My friend was shooting on a C***N and he had the above functionality (also the LCD showed a second counter during bulb exposure, very handy feature.

It was very cold and the IR remote is not very good, often lost the buton press half way through long exposure, then had to wait for the NR processing before restarting, very frustrating.

Is there any way round this (wired / interval timer remote or similar ?).

Many TIA

04-16-2010, 06:57 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
gentLED Camera Remote Control: Options

Pclix LT Introduction

The Gentled Auto should work for you in bulb mode and is a lot cheaper than the Pclix. You tape it right onto the camera so you don't have to worry about the strength of the beam.
04-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for info, will have a look at both options