Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2010, 06:10 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Pentax k7 and remote d

Just wanted to know if anyone out there has used a pentax remote D with a k7? I purchased the remote on ebay and it was advertised as a remote for a k7 but it does not work all the time on my camera i am using it on the b setting and i have the camera set to start exposure with 1 push and to end with second push but it does not always work, my owners manual says i should be using the remote control F do you think this could be my proublem. thanks in advance for any help i get Rick sorry if this is in wrong forum

Last edited by grouse; 04-16-2010 at 06:35 AM.
10-27-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I'm not clear on whether you actually got the remote to successfully trigger the camera. Most IR remotes actually would work on K-7. If you didn't get it to trigger any shot at all: did you try setting the "shooting mode" to "remote" or "3 second remote"? it's in the same place where you would setup for continuous shooting vs single shots. As far as bulb mode goes, some remotes support this while some won't, maybe you've got one that won't. A cable release would do the job better if bulb is what you need, imho.