Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2010, 08:27 PM   #16

Original Poster
Ok, well this was the end of my visiting this site. I thought that possibly someone was also looking for this same set up could lend me a hand in finding a better price than I have. I HAVE looked for the past week, but keep stumbling across threads on here that say they found it for lower. My bad for asking a question. And the making fun of Americans is just out of line, no need for that in a camera forum. I'm sure you can find some America bashing forum to go spam up with your useless posts. Thanks to those of you that helped.

04-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ncinshore Quote
And the making fun of Americans is just out of line, no need for that in a camera forum.
I don't think you understood Ira's joke. Then again, I never totally understood the joke until I went to Europe.

There's places called Fatwallet.com and for your pricing needs. My advice is usually to hit up Ebay (Beachcamera) and use 8% Bing Cash Back for ~$470. I got my kit for $450 but I took certain risks (bought it from a less than reputable shop) and waited almost a month for the sale. Not sure it was worth the wait.

----------

I know we get a lot of those 1 post people who registered to ask one inane question, never to be seen again. However, this is kind of how our forum grows. You can't judge people based on their first post, otherwise I'd be forever known as that guy with the pink Takumar.

I'm actually more irked by the insane amount of completely asinine posts generated by the recent contest.
04-16-2010, 08:59 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ncinshore Quote
Ok, well this was the end of my visiting this site. I thought that possibly someone was also looking for this same set up could lend me a hand in finding a better price than I have. I HAVE looked for the past week, but keep stumbling across threads on here that say they found it for lower. My bad for asking a question. And the making fun of Americans is just out of line, no need for that in a camera forum. I'm sure you can find some America bashing forum to go spam up with your useless posts. Thanks to those of you that helped.

Mate if you had of come online and posted the following or along the lines of you would not have had any so called smart remarks

"Hi I am from such and such a place in such and such a country. I am looking to by a K-x . I do not mind if its online (some countries for your info still pay heavy taxes if they are buying online and do not live in the USA) but would prefer if you guys know of any stores in my area that I could pick up this camera below such and such a price."

So mate a little help your way would help us to help you... or put it this way if I had of asked the same question as you and did not have place of origin in my bio would you have been able to help me?

Try it and see as this is a fantastic forum with a bunch of very very helpful people... all they need is the right question.

Cheers

Neil

Last edited by nulla; 04-16-2010 at 09:05 PM.
04-17-2010, 02:34 AM   #19
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The thread is closed. Not real happy with the responses here and blaming it on the contest is just foolish. Had anyone cared to check, the new member registered for the contest and then posted a new thread Looking for K-x info. Then posted this thread here asking for more info.

The piling on here of a new member isn't acceptable and no one can use the contest or a member asking a few questions to get started as justification to treat them this way. We all started somewhere and you have no idea what his/her life circumstances are, their motives or anything else about them. Does anyone remember what it was like getting their first camera? It's more confusing now than it ever has been and since Pentax is in few stores, people rely on places like this to get info and the best deals or the places to avoid.

I'd ask everyone to consider this before posting some witty remark in the future. If you don't like these types of questions, then there are plenty of "Post you photos" threads that would like some attention.

Closed Thread