Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2010, 09:55 PM   #16
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
Well, of course I'm not saying that. But I am saying that if I could have a car in black for, say, 20,000, but had to pay almost 30,000 to get one in another color, it would make me think harder about what I really wanted.

The Silver K-7 is beautiful, and all else being equal I'd take it over a black one. What would I do if I REALLY wanted a silver one, but didn't want to spend the markup to get it?

You got it, same thing I'd do with the car. Rattlecan time.
I highly doubt you would take a can of spray paint to a 20,000 dollar investment, no matter how much you wanted the silver. and since colour options on cars dont typically cost extra, and silver is a rather common colour, your argument is invalid.

04-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #17
Nubi

I think I want to get one of those . . . . Oh boy. Not only LBA but CBA. I want EP-1 too. Oh boy.
04-22-2010, 10:34 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
Well, of course I'm not saying that. But I am saying that if I could have a car in black for, say, 20,000, but had to pay almost 30,000 to get one in another color, it would make me think harder about what I really wanted.

The Silver K-7 is beautiful, and all else being equal I'd take it over a black one. What would I do if I REALLY wanted a silver one, but didn't want to spend the markup to get it?

You got it, same thing I'd do with the car. Rattlecan time.
To be fair, a neighbor painted his car with , not with a can of spray paint but an airless sprayer. Unfortunately, it sends a blob of paint every time the it needs refilling. The of course, it had a nice orange peel look. I'm sure you could do a wonderful job with a can of spray paint.

Hmm..who else makes cameras that are not black....

04-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Spray paint has its uses. Painting cars is not one of them. I'd use an airless sprayer, or better, pay a professional paint shop to do it. It'd still come in under the price difference in my example.

Would I spraypaint my DSLR? Honestly, probably not. But if I *really* wanted to change the color, carefully masking and painting it might be an option. I did it with a computer once, why not a camera?

Oh, and the yellow Hasselblad rocks.