Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2010, 02:40 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
or the person is just incredibly rude to me in return.
My apologies

Nevertheless, I am wondering what was so difficult about my question to understand.

I know that it is difficult to answer. Which is why I asked it, as otherwise, chances are I would know the answer. But isn't it little excuse to answer a different question?

04-19-2010, 06:17 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I can easily believe this. However, my question was about the accuracy of the central focus point. I am really under the impression that contrast AF is more accurate than phase AF and wanted to know if this is any different with the 7D.
I don't know whether it is or not. The 7D focuses very quickly and very accurately. My impression is it is both faster and more accurate than the K7, which inexplicably misses focus on a regular basis.
04-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I don't know whether it is or not. The 7D focuses very quickly and very accurately. My impression is it is both faster and more accurate than the K7, which inexplicably misses focus on a regular basis.
I don't have this problem, are your lenses calibrated?
04-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CWyatt Quote
I don't have this problem, are your lenses calibrated?
Well the 7D uses a new AF system that has all of the center AF points cross type which I guess means that they all work with each other when tracking subjects. I don't think any of the K-7's AF points are cross type so that might explain why you keep missing focus while using the C-AF on the camera.

04-19-2010, 03:17 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Oh right, I don't know much about the technical side of the AF system, I assumed you meant single AF missing.
04-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CWyatt Quote
Oh right, I don't know much about the technical side of the AF system, I assumed you meant single AF missing.
The sensors for the AF are always crosstyped I believe. Let me find a little diagram of the new AF system real quick.

As I understand it, the center spot area AF is cross type between the middle 5 or 7 (I don't remember which one it is) AF points. Anyone have any more clarification on this?
04-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #52
Veteran Member

I don't think any of the K-7's AF points are cross type
Of the K-7 AF sensors, nine are cross type.

Why do you continue to post stuff about things you have no clue about?

04-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Yup, all but the left-most and right-most AF points on the K-7 are cross type. No double-cross type though, AFAIK.
04-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #54
Veteran Member

I don't remember reading that on the K-7 reviews that I read, thanks for correcting me. You know what, if my help isn't accurate then just ignore it because I'm getting irritated. I'm doing the best I can and trying to win this contest at the same time, so I'm sorry if my help isn't up to your standards.
04-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #55
Veteran Member

I'm [...] trying to win this contest at the same time
That explains it. Advice accepted. I'll ignore your posts.
04-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #56
Veteran Member

That explains it. Advice accepted. I'll ignore your posts.
I don't mean this to be rude at all, but I would really prefer it if you did. I'm trying to help everyone here too, just more than I did before (and I did help people a lot in the threads and make comments before the contest, it's not entirely because of that) but I don't know as much about Pentax as everyone else here (although I've even owned some of the cameras and lenses), so sometimes my help isn't going to be the best.
04-19-2010, 07:09 PM   #57
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't remember reading that on the K-7 reviews that I read, thanks for correcting me. You know what, if my help isn't accurate then just ignore it because I'm getting irritated. I'm doing the best I can and trying to win this contest at the same time, so I'm sorry if my help isn't up to your standards.
Winning a contest on the internet is like winning a medal at the Special Olympics.
If you feel better about the gold medal that's great, but it doesn't mean you aren't a retard.
04-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JCT, I am not sure what is so difficult to understand here. If you continue to post wrong advice and wrong information about stuff you admittedly know nothing about, then people are going to get upset. What else would you expect? A reasonable person would stay quiet about things they are not sure of, but you have beccome unreasonable. You freely admit that you want to win the contest and for that reason will continue to post wrong info... just because you are trying to help.

But it does not help.
04-19-2010, 08:51 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
JCT, I am not sure what is so difficult to understand here. If you continue to post wrong advice and wrong information about stuff you admittedly know nothing about, then people are going to get upset. What else would you expect? A reasonable person would stay quiet about things they are not sure of, but you have beccome unreasonable. You freely admit that you want to win the contest and for that reason will continue to post wrong info... just because you are trying to help.

But it does not help.
I guess I'm not explaining myself well enough then. I think (or at least thought) that my help was valid. Like in the latest example, I had no idea that any of the K-7's focus points were cross type, and I've read at least ten reviews of it, but I don't remember that information being in there, but I remember that the Canon 7D has a new improved autofocus system which has them cross typed. I was pretty sure of myself, and I usually am, it's just that sometimes I'm not, and it seems like people are loving to call me on it.
04-20-2010, 12:01 AM   #60
Veteran Member

I guess I'm not explaining myself well enough then. I think (or at least thought) that my help was valid. Like in the latest example, I had no idea that any of the K-7's focus points were cross type, and I've read at least ten reviews of it, but I don't remember that information being in there, but I remember that the Canon 7D has a new improved autofocus system which has them cross typed. I was pretty sure of myself, and I usually am, it's just that sometimes I'm not, and it seems like people are loving to call me on it.
Maybe the solution would be to keep posting on threads where you definitively know the answer, rather than ones where you think you might know it... When you're giving advice to folks that might be making buying decisions based on that advice, it isn't really fair to them to give answers of which you're not 100% certain.

And if you really can't help yourself from doing so, perhaps a good solution would be to start you're answer with "I'm not really sure about this, but I think I might've remembered reading blah blah", rather than stating it as if you believe it to be a reasonably certain fact. ;-)
Closed Thread