Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #16
Veteran Member

I wish I had an excuse to buy a new camera!

04-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
100,000 clicks wow! Sounds like you got good use out of it.
Chin up for the upgrade.
04-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
I has a similar mishap with my K20D about a year ago: same symptoms. I sent it in for repair and it's going strong.
And how much did that cost?
04-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
I wish I had an excuse to buy a new camera!
Umm, break the old one? Claim that HAARP mind-control rays made you do it? WAIT, I know, I know! It was when the aliens landed in their green shuttle and grabbed you and did their anal probes and inserted the implants. The experience was so terrifying that you dropped the camera and it broke and it's all the aliens' fault and the voices in your head are now telling you to get a new camera and if you don't, terrible terrible things will happen. Hey, that works for me!

I never had a camera suicide on me. I've murdered them all. Well, involuntary photo-cide, I didn't mean to, honest! It's like the Australian joke:
Q: How many police does it take to break a light bulb?
A: None, it fell down the steps on its own.
And most of them weren't really broken, just stolen, I mean camera-napped. I hate when that happens. I'm more cautious now. No camera has migrated to another place for many years now. Whew. But I did lose one recently. I didn't drop it or anything, it just stopped working. Maybe is WAS suicide. Am I to blame?

[/me throws self upon the mercy of the crowd.]
[/crowd gestures: thumbs down]
[/me gulps]

04-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yep, I know the feeling. I miss my K10D I must say.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/54607-retiring-my-k10d.html
04-18-2010, 10:47 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Mine had been neglected since getting a K7 but we recently went on a holiday to Fiji and I decided to take it on the theory that if it got stolen (wasn't sure of room security, etc) I wasn't going to worry too much. Since I didn't want to take a proper camera bag I bought a 'kit' lens so it would fit in a snout case I had. Well the K10D performed well and even made the trip home again, to be consigned to the drawer again! What I did learn was I definitely like the K10D size and button layout (esp exp comp) but the K7's AF, viewfinder and bigger LCD make up for that easily!
04-19-2010, 12:53 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Big Dawg Quote
This is the last photo taken by my K10D yesterday. I had it mounted on a tripod with the legs folded and using it as a mono-pod when I made a misstep and fell down the steps here. The K10D went flying and bounced waist high and rolled and bounced several times. The 18-55mm kit lens took most of the shock to it(the lens) on the lens shade and is fine. The K10D seems in good physical condition with no scratches or dings but now it keeps saying the memory card is locked and then gives me a memory error no matter what card I put in it.....soooo...Lil Dawg feels soo bad about the whole thing and told me to buy another...K7... where are you? Looks like I get to upgrade a little sooner than I had planned on....Shucks....I keep telling her I can get by with out a camera (Kinda like brer rabbit telling the fox to please don't throw him into the briar patch)!!!! LOL Oh well the K10D had way over 100,000 photos taken with it so maybe it was time anyway.
Bury the K-10 and mount this fine image on the headstone

04-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #23

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks folks Rio I laughed till I cried when I read your post....but that Anal probe thing I leave and blame on my proctologist.....Got a screening this year sometime....have to saddle and ride the porcelain pony one more time......now I'm crying for real!!