Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #16
Forum Member

luc,

This is pobably one of the worst types of shots to use to make any judgement about whether your camera is working correctly. Trees can be a problem for any camera and there is little contrast in the scene. To check the focus, take some shots of a more two dimensional scene with distinct edges - like text on a large sign. Many people take photos of a brick wall with distinct joints. I use a large world map hanging on my wall. Also use a tripod to eliminate camera shake from the variables. And chose a very distinct, contrasty vertical or horizontal line to focus on. And take a bunch of shots. With this arrangement you can and should use a wide aperature to check the auto focus at the shallowest depth of field.

Good luck.

Bob

04-26-2010, 06:29 AM   #17

Original Poster
If it's the firmware about battery level accuracy, I've done it, If it's a new "hidden" one, what does it do ?
04-27-2010, 06:21 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lucm70 Quote
If it's the firmware about battery level accuracy, I've done it, If it's a new "hidden" one, what does it do ?
It seems that the original 1.01 firmware was silently updated (from 1.01.00.07 to 1.01.00.10) since the time it was officially released. No one knows for sure what it does.

Complete list of the most recent Pentax firmwares: Latest Firmwares (Versions & MD5) for Pentax Cameras: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review