Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
As far as I understand, shutter induced blur is hardware issue, isn't it?
It is. And it's unavoidable while the camera has moving parts.
It's a good idea to run a check and see what shutter speeds are to be avoided if possible.
For example, my old Super Program film camera needed to be on a 15 pound Zone VI tripod before it was fully controlled. Verticals at 1/8 and 1/15 second were particularly problematic for the one I had.
My gut feeling (I haven't practiced what I preach) is that this weakness still exists to a certain extent in the DSLR series, at around the same shutter speed range.

10-08-2010, 06:33 PM   #32

looks like the K-x new firmware has some decent benefits

Changes to V1.01

* Added three kinds of particular effect shooting function (Pre-set 1,2 and 3) on [Cross Processing].

* Added assignment of Cross Processing function to the green button.

* Improved accuracy of Battery Level Indicator under specific conditions and improved stability for general performance.
10-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
could just be adding lens corrections for their newest lenses? Keep in mind I'm a total noob and could be way off base here.

Is there any way to tell which version of 1.10 I'm running? When I fire up my k7, it simply says 1.10. I just updated the firmware on monday because thats when I received the camera. Perhaps I was lucky enough to grab the most recent just as it came out, but I'm unclear on how to determine this exactly. Thanks for any help!
Aggrobot, Use the program PhotoMe. It's useful for looking at other metadata as well!

PhotoME - Exif, IPTC & ICC Metadata Editor
10-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
No, the lens correction data is inside the lens chip.
It could however be fixing the focal length bug with the new Sigma 8-16mm (where anything less than 10mm becomes "--" in the exif data).

10-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
No, the lens correction data is inside the lens chip.
K-7 firmware version 1.03 added lens correction data for the smc PENTAX-FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited, smc PENTAX-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited and smc PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited, so it's certainly possible for this to be handled in firmware. (One would imagine less correction data is needed for a prime lens, which may be part of how this was added in firmware.)

That said, I would say there's zero chance Pentax would've added new lens correction data to the K-7 firmware without increasing the public version number, and touting the change.
10-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Aggrobot, Use the program PhotoMe. It's useful for looking at other metadata as well!

Thanks for the tip!
10-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #37
Inactive Account

Voin vahvistaa sen, hyvä ohjelma

10-09-2010, 04:30 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote

Thanks for that tip Jeff. That's one mega-useful freeware utility.

.R.

11-18-2010, 03:11 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Updated with K5 firmware...

Anyone knows the firmware number?

EDIT : it's v1.01.00.05

Last edited by dlacouture; 11-18-2010 at 08:28 AM.