Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The new version number is 1.10.20.26. I did not really have time to search for changes, however.

10-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Better have a good idea about what this firmware is supposed to add/correct/modify before I update it though.

Thanks.

JP
10-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #18
Veteran Member

The instructions for the firmware upgrade for the K2000 say that a memory card has to be formatted. What do they mean by that and is the upgrade stored on the memory card? Do I have to use just that memory card or format all the ones that I use in my camera? Just wondering as I am a little new to this??
10-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I just upgraded my K-7 to the new firmware, ver 1.10.20.26, and my camera hasn't exploded yet which is a good sign. Just playing around with it, AF speed seems to have improved a bit, although it might be just my imagination, and nothing seems to be broken either, which is yet another good sign.

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Just clicked on that link, was in Japanese, then asked for English, which it did .... couldn't find this hidden firmware.
Any idea what I am doing wrong?
And, what is this firmware supposed to add?
The english version can be found here: Latest K-7 Firmware Update : Software Downloads : PENTAX There's not much info to tell you that it's 1.10.20.26, but I got my firmware from there and I got the latest version.

10-04-2010, 11:44 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
I just upgraded my K-7 to the new firmware, ver 1.10.20.26, and my camera hasn't exploded yet which is a good sign. Just playing around with it, AF speed seems to have improved a bit, although it might be just my imagination, and nothing seems to be broken either, which is yet another good sign.
Yeah, I hate it when this happens... It leaves you wondering whether you're imagining things...
My impression was that AF-C was faster... But of course this must be placebo effect.
The guys from the firmware dev team must have quite a laugh parsing the forums after a release...
10-05-2010, 02:10 AM   #21

For the K-7 firmware update...

I cannot recall exactly, but maybe it is the added functionality for movie editing:

"Added Movie editing function on playback mode palette. You can divide a movie into multiple segments and erase unwanted segments from the movie. How to operate the function..."

Anyway, I updated, and so far so good.
10-05-2010, 03:25 AM   #22

Shutter induced blur

I can´t see shutter induced blur in my 1/80 Tv pictures any more. Do you think that the new firmware fixed the problem?

Last edited by gorankh; 10-05-2010 at 03:30 AM.
10-05-2010, 06:22 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote

The english version can be found here: Latest K-7 Firmware Update : Software Downloads : PENTAX There's not much info to tell you that it's 1.10.20.26, but I got my firmware from there and I got the latest version.
Thanks for the feedback!

JP
10-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by littledrawe Quote
The instructions for the firmware upgrade for the K2000 say that a memory card has to be formatted. What do they mean by that and is the upgrade stored on the memory card? Do I have to use just that memory card or format all the ones that I use in my camera? Just wondering as I am a little new to this??
Assuming a K2000 is the same as the others, it's all in the readme.txt file that unzips but here's the steps anyway...

1. Ensure your batteries are new/well charged (flat battery in the middle of the update can produce a bricked camera)
2. Download the new firmware
3. Unzip it (by running it if it's the windows .exe version, A mac user will need to unzip it)
4. Copy the .bin file to your SD card in the root folder
5. Put card in camera and turn on holding the MENU button
6. Follow the prompt to confirm loading the update
7. Once completed, turn camera off and remove SD card
8. Delete .bin file off the card.
9. Put it back in the camera (format it if you feel like it - always a good idea to format cards in camera every now and then)
10. take award winning pictures
10-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Catalana Quote
For the K-7 firmware update...

I cannot recall exactly, but maybe it is the added functionality for movie editing:

"Added Movie editing function on playback mode palette. You can divide a movie into multiple segments and erase unwanted segments from the movie. How to operate the function..."

Anyway, I updated, and so far so good.
The release notes are those from when v1.10 first came out. The movie editing was new back then (July 2010), but have been available for the last three months. What's new in this latest firmware update, who knows?
10-05-2010, 11:41 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Another "Stealth" firmware update.
I'm quite happy Pentax actually resolved a number of K-7 issues along the way, but they have a habit of not even acknowledging the concerns....
10-06-2010, 12:25 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gorankh Quote
I can´t see shutter induced blur in my 1/80 Tv pictures any more. Do you think that the new firmware fixed the problem?
As far as I understand, shutter induced blur is hardware issue, isn't it?
10-06-2010, 03:00 AM   #28
SPA

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
As far as I understand, shutter induced blur is hardware issue, isn't it?
And shake of the body is hadware issue
10-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #29

could just be adding lens corrections for their newest lenses? Keep in mind I'm a total noob and could be way off base here.

Is there any way to tell which version of 1.10 I'm running? When I fire up my k7, it simply says 1.10. I just updated the firmware on monday because thats when I received the camera. Perhaps I was lucky enough to grab the most recent just as it came out, but I'm unclear on how to determine this exactly. Thanks for any help!
10-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aggrobot Quote
could just be adding lens corrections for their newest lenses?
No, the lens correction data is inside the lens chip.