Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2010, 07:47 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
K7 internal clunk noise

Was just using my K7 and turned it on side and camera made a clunk sound turned camera side to side and somthing is defintely moving and making noise in camera is this normal?

04-20-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think there might be a small animal trapped inside.

Instructions on how to remove said small animal.
04-20-2010, 07:54 AM   #3

Original Poster
sorry just read it on top and see that this has been answered already, Have not found that in my owners manual yet thanks Rick
04-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
I think there might be a small animal trapped inside.

LOL .. very good

04-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by grouse Quote
sorry just read it on top and see that this has been answered already, Have not found that in my owners manual yet thanks Rick
I don't think it is In the manual. If it is, it's in some obscure small print place. I wonder how many people would notice if it were. Truthfully, until I read of a 'Clunk' on the SR equipped cameras online, I never even noticed it. The easy thing to do is to let your mind run wild thinking you got a lemon when first hearing that noise. You want to hear a Clunk? Pick up a K20d. Now That is a Clunk
04-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I guess I will never get tired of reading this as it will always surely come up every now and then..even with it stickied on top of the threads.
04-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
Veteran Member

It's funny. The first time I felt it, I had something like "hey, that must be the SR mechanism" and I did not further bother about it.
04-20-2010, 10:06 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yup, you definitely have a loose nut behind your camera.

04-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #9

Original Poster
you have to understand that i have had 2 top line canon film cameras fail on me and this is my first pentax as well as my first dslr so i am more than a little gun shy about things that go bump in the night.
04-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I don't blame you....the K-7 might be a very good value, but it's still a large purchase for most of us. Welcome aboard btw...hope to see a few pics posted from your K-7.
04-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #11

Original Poster
Sorry i dont have any shots posted here yet but. If you google american intertribal and go to indian cave all rock formations are my shots on the history page. this cave is about 1.25 miles long and is open to the public all shots are taken in total darkness and just painted with a flashlite i am going to use a flash hand held and fired in multable spots to see if it works any better. I will try to get some pictures here soon but my computer skills are all most as bad as my DSLR skills, I sometimes really miss film but am sure i will get over it.
04-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #12

Original Poster
just put a few shots up, remember these are just my first try at this i hope to get way better. Painting with a flash lite is hard to get exposure even. hope that with flash things will even out
04-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #13
Inactive Account

just put a few shots up, remember these are just my first try at this i hope to get way better. Painting with a flash lite is hard to get exposure even. hope that with flash things will even out
I think you did a pretty nice job on the one that has the purple-ish tint. Not too bad on both of them but that one appeals to me more.

you have to understand that i have had 2 top line canon film cameras fail on me and this is my first pentax as well as my first dslr so i am more than a little gun shy about things that go bump in the night.
Don't sweat it.. Just having some fun at the expense of everyone coming through here asking the same question..