Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
will Sigma 2.0x TeleConverter EX DG APO work with K7

Will the teleconverter Sigma 2.0x TeleConverter EX DG APO work with the K7 body and original pentax lenses. And will I have the auto focus etc. or are there functional limitations.
Does anyone has personal experience with this device

04-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ivo_Spohr Quote
Will the teleconverter Sigma 2.0x TeleConverter EX DG APO work with the K7 body and original pentax lenses. And will I have the auto focus etc. or are there functional limitations.
Does anyone has personal experience with this device
I'm not 100% certain on this but I've read that the sigma TCs or some of them, don't play well with some Pentax lenses. You might find the answers to your questions if you head over to DPReview.com (sorry PF) and look up a Pentax poster named Brandrx. He seems to own every TC and most lenses ever made for the pentax mount and regularly posts results of testing such equipment and combos. I'm sure people here have similar experience but if you're looking for quick answers, he's pretty much laid it all out.

04-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
Pentaxian

The sigma tc is a unique design that has the front element protrude into the rear of the lens

it requires that the lens has a 12 mm deep 35 mm diameter clearen e in the rear of the lens.

It is only for use with very long fast sigma and pentax full frame lenses. See the sigma site for a list of sigma
lenses, or search for a
post bye in the lens forum for the list supplied with my tc .

Also note it does not support sdm
12-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The Sigma 2X EX DG is not fully compatible with DA* 200mm on SDM-enabled camera bodies like K-7 or K-r. SDM is not working, cannot enter camera menu and exposure value keep changing.

However, photos can be taken without any exposure issue.