Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by andymcm Quote
I'm the author of the blog post with the K20D instructions - glad to see it's been useful to someone.

One thing to watch out for is the light you do your adjustments in. I originally did my adjustments in tungsten light, and then found they were wrong for daylight.

In the end I reset the debug mode AF to its default, and now when I use my FA 50mm F1.4 I set the standard AF adjustment to either -10 (for tungsten light) or 0 (for daylight). Quite tedious really - I hope they sorted this out on the K7.
Nice to "meet" you here!
Your explanations were quite useful indeed for the K20D.
I am wondering if this would be more or less the saem set up for the K7, if you'd have any suggestions on that.
Cheers!
JP

04-23-2010, 02:26 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I am wondering if this would be more or less the saem set up for the K7, if you'd have any suggestions on that.
There is some info here on the K7, including the modset file name:

Debug mode

If you are willing to experiment a bit you'll probably find the procedure on the K7 is similar to the K20D, but I don't have a K7 so I don't know for sure.
04-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Andy (or anyone),

Just a question before I start mucking around with it and really mess up, do you know what the "AF Area Test" refers to? There are four areas numbered 0-thru-3 but I don't fully understand their purpose, so I just used 0 for my quick testing the other night.