Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2010, 05:48 AM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I have a copy of the K20D 1.03 firmware on my hard drive - if anyone needs it I can put it in my dropbox.

I only use Sandisk Extremes bought from the local hypermarket after some bad experiences with cheaper and internet purchased cards.

05-01-2010, 06:29 AM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by donalson Quote
thanks.

v1.30 on k10d... i think i'll sit tight for a little longer

I'll echo kerrowdown. Update went uneventfully smooth. After a few days still nothing broken but haven't (yet?) noticed any change in performance.
05-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Anybody else on a Mac having trouble copying the firmware file to a SDHC card from the computer?

No matter what I try it gives me the dreaded "can't do that" symbol and won't transfer the file.

I wonder if the file (for a K20) is corrupt or... ?
05-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #34

I have an SDHC card "PhotoFast Dual Channel Class 6 16gb" which wouldn't work with the K200D, but did with everything else I tried it with (computer, compact camera). When used in my K200D, it often didn't save the photos, or it couldn't display them. I would get a "card error" when I tried to format it in the camera.

Updated my K200D to v1.01. Now this card works!

So what was wrong with the firmware before that has now been changed for the better? Anyone know any details? "Improved stability of recording image for some SDHC Memory card" isn't very enlightening.

06-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #35

Sorry to chime in so late, but the instructions for the update indicate you need a 32Mb or larger SDHC card. Is this correct? The size of the firmware update is only about 7Mb.
06-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #36
Pentaxian

That may be, but does it matter? Note it says 32MB, not 32GB. I don't think that many people today have ever seen SD card smaller than 32MB (although I think my first digital camera may have come with one 10 years ago) - any SD card sold today it at least 10 times that size.
06-24-2010, 12:00 PM   #37

Sorry I did mis-read that. I had 32GB on the brain. Thanks.
06-25-2010, 01:38 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
I don't think that many people today have ever seen SD card smaller than 32MB
I have a 16MB Panasonic card somewhere in the drawer

10-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Late, but I cant resist it..

11-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #40

I've successfully downloaded the latest firmware hoping that it would solve my memory card issue. The only card that seems to work in my K10D is a Ultra II. Both the basic SD and Ultra SD don't. They record fine and I can view them on my camera but when trying to transfer the photos to my computer its as if there is no card in the card reader. However, when I put the Ultra II in the same card reader it works perfect. Has anyone else had this problem? The reason I tried the latest card which is the Ultra is because I couldn't find an Ultra II. I hope they still make that version of card or I'm totally screwed.

Oh, and its not the reader or the computer because I've tried different ones of both and got the same results.

I was hoping updating the firmware might have done something to help me out with that.
11-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #41
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FishrOfGrizz Quote
I've successfully downloaded the latest firmware hoping that it would solve my memory card issue. The only card that seems to work in my K10D is a Ultra II. Both the basic SD and Ultra SD don't. They record fine and I can view them on my camera but when trying to transfer the photos to my computer its as if there is no card in the card reader. However, when I put the Ultra II in the same card reader it works perfect. Has anyone else had this problem? The reason I tried the latest card which is the Ultra is because I couldn't find an Ultra II. I hope they still make that version of card or I'm totally screwed.

Oh, and its not the reader or the computer because I've tried different ones of both and got the same results.

I was hoping updating the firmware might have done something to help me out with that.
What happens if you connect the camera to the computer via USB and use IT as the card reader?

11-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FishrOfGrizz Quote

What are the sizes of the cards that work and don't work? I ask because there is a difference between SD cards (2GB or less) and SDHC cards (4-32GB). The K10D can handle any card size up to 32GB.

Many computer memory card readers can not handle SDHC cards. If your PC is more than three or four years old, it may accept only SD cards. If the one card that works in your PC is 2GB and the ones that don't work are 4GB or larger, then you need to verify that your card read can read SDHC cards.
07-13-2011, 01:27 AM   #43
Forum Member

Hi there

How's your SR working after firmware update? Mine starts to work with one second delay after camera focuses. Am I only one here with that problem?
07-13-2011, 02:21 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
SR for me has always taken a second or so to kick in once you half-press the shutter and its focused (if you have focus setup still on half-shutter).