Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2007, 01:12 AM   #1

K10 help!!! no sd photo...

Hi to everybody.
I have a serious problem with the photos of my K10.
I am important photo, considering that I have returned from my trip of wedding in Mexico yesterday.
The card of used memory is a Kingston 2G 50x elites for.
And' happened that after having formatted it with my reflex, she has given some error during the releases.
But the serious thing is inserted that the memory on my pc, doesn't show any photo, rather it tries to format it.
Only on the K10, I can see the 200 gone off photos.
I don't know how to do, help me, I can see only her from the display of the car and not on the pc (any briefcase, tells at times me to format the SD, at times it points out me some busy space without being able to see nothing).
Does some sofwares that it is able exist' to help me there is, to the happened something of the kind???
Thanks

07-24-2007, 01:38 AM   #2
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It appears that your PC's SD reader is not capable of reading a 2GB card. Here is my suggestion, Lock the card (move the plastice switch to the lock position - away from the contacts) and use the USB cable that came with your K10D to transfer the images.

Then go out and purchase a better SD reader - I like my I IOGear Pocket drive (GFR202SDW6). It turns any SD card, including SDHC, into a USB thumb drive. I bought it from Cyberguys for 15.00 USD, but it is advertised for between 11 - 21 USD on the web.

There are many other devices out there from different brands that do the same thing. I have one at home all the time now and the version of SanDisks reader that came with my 4GB SDHC card is in my camera case.

PDL
07-24-2007, 05:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Not all SD cards are created equal. There appears to be some differences within SD cards which can result in certain cards not working properly with certain devices while working just fine with others. The card reader in my computer seems to accept every SD card with ease, while the reader in my PDA is finicky enough to eventually reject about 75% of the cards made by Sandisk. The card reader in my printer also occasionally rejects Sandisk cards, while those cards work flawlessly in my camera. Lexar cards work with the PDA and printer, but my MP3 player doesn't like those cards. I've tried other brands, with various rates of success and failure with different devices.

My wife also has a number of devices using SD cards (computer, camera, MP3 player, PDA, etc), only adding to the madness. Keeping track of which cards would work with which devices was turning into a nightmare. Replacing the card reader in all those many devices was obviously not a viable solution.

To escape that insanity, I eventually set out to find the one card brand which works with everything - or at least as close as possible to it. That ultimately turned out to be the cards made by Panasonic. Those cards work with everything I own (even some fairly esoteric stuff) and none have failed me yet. As such, virtually every SD card I've owned has slowly been replaced with various Panasonic cards.

Of course, I'm not saying Panasonic cards are the ultimate solution for everybody. There is almost certainly to be devices in existance these cards will not work with, and some of these cards are almost certainly going to fail, meaning not everyone will experience the level of success I've had. Instead, I'm saying you should; (a) test your cards repeatedly with every device you plan to use them with before relying on them for an important event or activity, and (b) try alternative card brands before assuming any failure is the result of a device fault or defect.

stewart