Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My latest CBA adventure.

Have been eyeing one of these for a long time now and when KEH had one in EX+ cond. for $150, I couldn't resist. The battery grip was another $50. The lens was already part of my collection.

First impressions, what a great little camera!!!
It amazes me that you can get a good quality DSLR for $150!!

Swift1

04-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Well done, Swift1.

www.Keh.com has indeed some amazing stuff, and can be highly recommended. I have no personal interest and am only a happy customer.
04-23-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Nice find, indeed. I myself got what I think is a fantastic find.

I recently pulled the trigger on a K200D from Keh and it arrived with battery grip in pristine condition. If it happened to come with the box, which it did not, I would have thought it was brand-new. I'm planning on having it converted to IR-only.

It looks like you got yourself a very fine street-ready camera. Go forth and shoot, sir!
04-23-2010, 10:24 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks guys,

Here's one of the first shots from it.

Pentax *Ist D, DA 16-45

Swift1

04-23-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Wow, nice find on that *ist D, I'm sure you'll love it! I never check KEH for the same reasons, sometimes their cameras are way too cheap for me to resist buying, although I have never actually bought one from there. What would you say about their service? I've heard that their rating system is really a lot better in terms of the items than they claim it is, like a bargain grade item is really the same as someone else's EX+, is this true? I really would like to buy a few different lenses off of there actually.
04-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
What would you say about their service? I've heard that their rating system is really a lot better in terms of the items than they claim it is, like a bargain grade item is really the same as someone else's EX+, is this true? I really would like to buy a few different lenses off of there actually.
So far, KEH has been great. I have bought 2 camera bodies (MZ-L, *Ist D) and 1 lens ( 645 A-150/3.5) and the D-BG1 grip. All items were in EX or EX+ condition on their website. When the arrived they all worked perfectly and it was hard to find a single mark on any of them. The only way I could tell that the *Ist D wasn't new, is that there is dust on the sensor.

Here's another shot from it,

Pentax *Ist-D, FA 50/1.4

Swift1
04-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
So far, KEH has been great. I have bought 2 camera bodies (MZ-L, *Ist D) and 1 lens ( 645 A-150/3.5) and the D-BG1 grip. All items were in EX or EX+ condition on their website. When the arrived they all worked perfectly and it was hard to find a single mark on any of them. The only way I could tell that the *Ist D wasn't new, is that there is dust on the sensor.

Here's another shot from it,

Pentax *Ist-D, FA 50/1.4

Swift1
Wow, that is a very nice shot! I can't believe that you got all that for $200; that is a great bargain for someone that wants to get into photography and not empty their wallet. My friend has been looking for a DSLR and I think I am going to let him know about this.

Thanks for letting me know,
Cory