Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #1

Can the k-x fit all the k-mount lenses?

I read that it could in Shutterbug and did a quick scan on ebay. There appear to be a lot of zoom lenses pretty cheap. If I am willing to deal with manual focus I could have a nice zoom lens. Or am I reading something wrong? Does it have to say pentax or can it just say "k mount" to fit?

They say k mount on the ebay ads. thanks.

04-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If it's K mount, it works. But google the terms "ricoh" and "stuck" to find out about a special kind of K-mount lens to watch out for.
04-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #3

Look for the Pentax-A lenses. They have an electrical contact that allows the camera to automatically adjust the aperture. Check this link: Using older Pentax lenses with new Pentax digital SLR cameras | kxuser.com

Hopefully that helps
04-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Also, some older K-mount lenses have a protruding shroud to protect the aperture lever at the back of the lens, and it is longer (circumferentially) than the ones on modern lenses. These lenses won't mount until the shroud is removed or cut down to size -- this change won't affect the operation of the lens.

There's information on this forum about that, too. Here's one thread with some pictures:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/53847-pentax-t...pka-mount.html

04-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

You could also use the older screw-mount (M-42) lenses, albeit with an special adapter.
You can get those lenses pretty affordable too!
04-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
Pentaxian

The lenses with the shroud are not Pentax lenses. Any Pentax brand k-mount lens should fit on any Pentax dslr and function perfectly (within the limits of the lens).

There's a sticky thread in the beginners forum that describes how to use older, manual lenses on a Pentax dslr.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/59272-shooting-...x-dslrs-f.html