Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #1

If I have a manual lens if the rest still calcuated for me?

If I buy a manual lens, is the rest, the aperture, shutter speed, and so on (and based on ISO, etc.), still calculated for me by the camera (k-x)? Manual just means focus, right?

04-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The camera will be capable of calculating exposure. However, depending on the model of the lens it may be necessary for you to manually turn the aperture ring on the lens yourself.
04-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
See the sticky thread in the beginner's forum on using manual lenses - and if you have further questions on this topic, post them in that forum as well. basically, there are two knds of manual lenses: ones that still support autoexposure, and ones that don't. Most of the cheap ones are the latter kind (the "M" series most notably). You need to shoot in M mode using the Green button to set exposure as explained in that sticky thread.