Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2010, 12:50 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Senseicameratech Quote
I can say I know of problem like this one and solution. Mostry 1 of 2 things causing.
SR mechanism driven by many magnet that is very strong. Sometime USB connector pushed too hard and become loose from circuit. Since it metal it become wedged in SR from magnet. This result in SR mechanism become blocked and do not stop moving. Also, sometime screw from inside become loose and cause same problem. Most time can repair and not replace SR/sensor.
I have the same problem, but I don't using USB connector (I just taking out the flash card).
If that just electrical magnets then I think it possible to fix problem via taking out the battery for a long time?

08-17-2010, 07:00 AM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by OmegaMale Quote
I have the same problem, but I don't using USB connector (I just taking out the flash card).
If that just electrical magnets then I think it possible to fix problem via taking out the battery for a long time?
No, sorry the are not electromagnet they are permanent magnet. This meaning is always attract. Taking battery out long time does not correct condition.