Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #1

settings for K-7

I am struggling getting a couple settings the way I want them on my K-7.
First is for the built in HDR mode, how do I adjust range of sensitivity between the 3 shots?
Second is in the auto ISO feature. When I try to set it, it wont allow me to go lower than 200? Any ideas as to why I cant get it to start at 100?
Thanks for any help, and good shooting !

04-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You must have Highlight correction on...
It basically underexposes your shot, then pulls it up for the JPEG.
So, 100 iso becomes unavailable...
04-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
Inactive Account

In the menu there is a point for extended sensitivity. I enables you to set iso either 3200 or 6400 (not shure wich one is the upper limit) and Iso 100. I dont know the proper english name because my K7 is a german one. Without this, it wont help to disabel the highlight correction.
04-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Regalo Quote
First is for the built in HDR mode, how do I adjust range of sensitivity between the 3 shots?

You don't have a whole lot of control. There's basically two levels, 'Standard', and 'Strong'. Standard is relatively mild, could be used in relatively ordinary high-contrast situations to extend range. 'Strong' starts looking a bit more surreal with more obvious artifacts. If you want more control than that, or the benefits of RAW, then you'll need to do your own bracketing and HDR during post-processing.

The others have it right with the missing ISO 100--this gets disabled when you have highlight correction turned on.